Truth

We sat in a circle now. A few Gladers, including James, had gone to bed or something. My old friends were there. I had thought about going to find James. He didn't know about me yet. I was the only girl. He didn't need anymore stress on him.

"What are we playing?" I asked Thomas who was sitting to my right. Zart to my left.

"I don't know. I'm gonna ask if we can play truth or dare."

"Oh ok. I don't know about that game Thomas I feel like I'm gonna get a lot of questions."

"Don't worry it'll be fun. I promise. I will ask you and you can ask people who won't ask any weird questions. And always choose dare. It's always safer to choose dare."

"Ok ok. Go ask now before they shucking send us all to bed." He walked over to Alby and asked the had a short conversation.

"Hey Zart."

"Hey Max. I heard about the whole Gally thing. Don't worry I'm on your side."

"What? How did you find out about that?"

"Everyone knows. Just pick dare ok? Safest thing for you to do right now I think."

Thomas walked back. He plopped down next to me and put his arm around my shoulders.

"You have got to pick dare. Even Alby knows about your dust up. Be careful max.

Everyone still by the bonfire was now seated in a circle. Thomas was about to start us off but Minho started before him.

"Charlie. Truth or Dare?" We went around in a circle and a few times I was asked. I said dare like I was told and they made me lick one of the sleeping Gladers (Minho's idea) and everyone had to call me shank for half an hour.

We had been playing for about an hour and a half and the whole not wrestling thing was let go a little after Alby went to bed. It was Dave's turn and he had already chosen me a thousand times. They told him he wasn't allowed to anymore.

"Newt, truth or dare?" He said.

"Truth."