~Dodge~

"We're starting off there training with the fundamentals of fighting like Punching, blocking, and dodging. So when they get here, you'll be another set of eyes watching their technique and critiquing them alright?"

I stand there still half asleep as Four explains the days plan to me."Ok, I can do that." He smiles and walks off to set up some more equipment for the first day of training.

I stand with my arms crossed stairing down the initiates as they slowly file in, the same way my instructor did when I was in there place.

Hmmmm there seems to be a small portion of Erudite transfers this year...only 2, weird.

"Alright, everyone listen up!" Eric stops in front of a wooden door and folds his arms. The initiates gather around him.
"For those of you who don't know my name is Eric," he says. " I am one of the five leaders of Dauntless. We take the initiation process very seriously here, so I volunteered to oversee most of your training."

Most of the initiates look scared and glance at there new friends questioningly.

"Some ground rules," he says. "You have to be in the training room by 8 o'clock every day. Training takes place every day from 8 to 6, with a break for lunch. You are free to do whatever you like after 6. You will also get some time off between each stage of initiation."

He pauses briefly and glares at a candor that's talking. They immediately stop, swallowing hard.

"Anyways, in the first stage of initiation, we keep transfers and Dauntless-born initiates separate, but that doesn't mean you are evaluated separately. At the end of Initiation. Your rankings will be determined in comparison with the Dauntless-born initiates. And they are better than you already. So I expect-"

"Rankings?" Asks a scrawny girl in the group.

Eric looks annoyed as he answers, "Your ranking serves two purposes," he says. "The first is that it determines the order in which you will select your job after initiation. There are only five desirable positions available." He smirks wickedly.

"The second purpose," he says, "is that only the top ten initiates are made members." Now he's completely amused by the horrified look on there faces.

I look over to Four and see he's standing like Eric with his arms folded, but his face is emotionless.

Even tho I already knew this rule, I still hate it. It serves no porpose, only encourages hostility and violence.

Most of the initiates look mortified, like there ready for someone to tell them its all just a big joke.

Eric speaks up serious again, "You chose us, now we have to choose you."

-----------------------------------------------------------------

"Dodge!!! What is that?! What are you-?! Uhhgg!" An initiate I now know as Jake, stands panting as his partner sends punches at him that he's supposed to dodge. So far he's been hit almost every time.

Jake holds his fist up in a crippled defensive stance and prepares to try again. "Ok, hold up. First off your footings all wrong." I kick his feet apart so there a little farther than shoulder width. "Now, hold your hands up higher so you don't get your teeth knocked out." He does so.

That's better, now lets see what good it does him.

"Alright, GO!" They practice throwing punches at one another, dodging and swerving out of the way. The amount of times Jake gets hit goes down dramatically, he even gets a punch in here and there.

"Good job, both of you. Keep it up." I walk off inspecting others but most everyone's doing pretty well with punching. In can hear Eric yelling at someone again for the tenth time today and roll my eyes.

Sheesh someone get him a chill pill.

I look over and see him and the scrawny girl named Ella from earlier. There in the corner with a punching bag. She throws weak punches, barely phasing the bag at all.

She's never going to make it.

Tears start too roll down her cheeks when Eric begins insulting her. "Your pathetic, you'll never make it." She's sobbing now, whimpers coming from her throat in loud gasp. Eric grabs her by the collar of her shirt and drags her to the door leading outside.

"Dauntless isn't a place for the week, consider this a favor." The words drip like venom out of his mouth as he throws her into the alley out side and slams the door shut again. Everyone's quiet, stairing at Eric as he walks back to the group.

"If you don't want to end up factionless like her, I suggest you get back to training now."

===============================

Just to be clear, I did use some text from Veronica Roth's original Divergent book when Eric was talking to the initiates.

I'm having so much fun writing this its crazy lol.

Like/Comment!!!