~Back Off~

I turn and start sprinting to the roof knowing I was done for.

Foot steps start to pick up behind me making me smile knowing he took the bait. "Blake!!!" Suddenly Eric catches up to me and we're side by side. I look over and see Eric smiling wildly. I Smile Back "try and catch up!"I start sprinting faster and all I can hear is Eric's winded laughing behind me.
Amazingly, Eric catches up to me " not so fast!"

I barely make it to the ladder leading to the roof before Eric , climbing it quickly. It shakes from the weight of both of us climbing up it and I'm scared it might fall off the wall. Finally I make it onto the roof quickly followed by Eric. The initiates and Four all give us a questioning look as we stand there gasping for air and laughing.

I look over at Eric and he's toppled over holding his knees as he takes deep breaths. "You need to run more Eric." I say as I control my breathing. Eric looks up at me with a warningful glair but smirks all the same.

"Here comes the train!" We look and sure enough its true, we made it just in time. The train shoots by and we all jump in.

By the time diner had come and practice for the day had ended you could hear initiates complaints about how tired there arms were from holding the guns up all day.

If they think there arms hurt now just wait till tomorrow.

Christina comes and sits next to me with a plate of spaghetti and meat balls. My mouth waters at the smell, "ooooo that smells good, I'll be right back." I get up and head to the food line and run into Four.

"Hey Blake, I was just looking for you." I grab my plate and face him. "Well you found me, what's up?" "Tomorrow we are going to have the capture the flag competition for the initiates, so I need you to double check with Max that everything is in place." I look down at my food and grimace at Max's name, "yeah I can do that, but I'm gonna eat real quick." Four nods and walks to the table with me sitting down in a open spot.

"Blake are you OK? you look pretty tired." I look up and Chris is staring at me worriedly. "I guess All of the stress from initiation is finally catching up to me." She nods her head and finishes her food.

That's not the real reason of course. I would never let something so miniscule bother me. If I were to tell her the truth I would of told her its Eric. He's been acting really weird lately, one minute he's trying to kill me the next its like were friends? Not to mention my sick dream of him after he knocked me out. I mentally shiver at the thought of it losing my appetite.

"I'm going to go talk to max so I can get some sleep, see you guys tomorrow." My friends say bye and I throw my tray away and make my way to Max's office. The hallways are dark and cold as usual as I walk, my steps echoing off the walls.

I'm the only one in sight when I arrive in front of his door so I don't bother to wait for an answer after I knock and walk right in. "Hey Max-" I stop halfway through the door when I see who's on the other side. Max sits in his big leather chair with his and hands folded on his desk as Jeanine Mathews sits across from him along with Eric who gives me a uneasy glare.

"S-sorry, Four wanted me to ask about the capture the flag game tomorrow night. Is everything a go?" Max stairs at me then speaks "Can we talk about this later Blake, I don't have time for it right now." He gives me a warning glare and I leave the room closing the door after me.

What the hell?! That's two times this month that Jeanine has come to Dauntless, why is she here?

I stand on the other side of the door and pounder my thoughts when I hear raised voices on the other side of the door. I softly put my ear against the heavy wood and listen.

"You can't do that! Its against there rights!" Eric yells at Jeanine I assume. Jeanine replies, "Eric, this isn't about there "rights" its about our safety, the factions safety." It goes silent for a moment. When Max talks, he sounds tired, "Eric, this decision isn't up to you, you are only here so we can tell you what to do and when. Got it?"

I hear a shuffling and step away from the door quickly. Eric swings the door open and steps out almost running me over. "Shit Blake, why do I always catch you eavesdropping?! Huh?!" Eric steps towards me, his eyes seething with anger. I stand there with my chin high getting angrier and angrier each second. "For your information I wasn't eavesdropping, I was waiting to talk to Max so fuck off Eric."

Eric snaps. The next thing I know I'm being pulled away from Max's office down the corridors by my hair. "Ouch! Let me go Eric!!!" He Yanks my hair again and I can hear the sound of rushing water growing closer and closer.

Hell no, he's not going to throw me into the chasm without a fight!

I rear my fist back and punch Eric as best I could right in the ribs. He gasps but barely flinches. "Nice try Blake but now I'm just going to enjoy killing you that much more." Were almost to the railing when I look up.

Shit!

In another attempt to get free I grab Eric's wrist and do a sideways flip flipping Eric on to his back with a thud making the bridge shudder. I grab into the railing and pull myself up, my head throbbing. Suddenly I'm being pressed up against the railing by Eric as he leans over crushing me. "Any last words?" He growls into my ear.

I wiggle underneath him trying to get free but fail. "Eric, stop. Just stop." He's caught off guard by what I say. He still inches from my ear when he speaks. "What?" I drop my head and speak, "just stop all this, I know max is barking up your ass but that doesn't mean you have to take it all out on me alright?"

Were still for a second or two. "You don't know what I'm going through right now Blake, and if you did...."he shifts behind me, " you wouldn't be her right now, you'd have enough since to leave me the hell alone." He pushes me away from him then walks away into the dark hallway.

ΠΠΠΠΠΠΠΠΠΠΠΠΠΠΠΠΠΠΠΠΠΠ
Another chapter up for y'all, thank you for all the likes and comments I really love them.