//Broken//

"I'll talk about it in my apartment, but not here. To many people could hear." I nod my head and follow him to his place.

More people are starting to litter the halls now that breakfast is almost over, and by the way there looking at us I must not be hiding my worries very well.

Maybe following Eric is a bad idea, even though he's ok right now, there's no telling when he'll snap.

Eric comes up to his door and unlocks it ushering me in then slamming the door behind us.

The same smell of cinnamon wafts over me with a hint of scotch. "Sit." Eric barks at me. I walk to a black leather sofa and sit down. Eric goes to somewhere behind me and I'm left alone.

His apartment is the complete opposite of anything I had imagined it to look like. Instead of trash and clothing littering the floor everything seems to be in place, except for the occasional empty alcohol bottle laying around. Where I sit a small wooden coffee table is in front of me, mounted on the wall is a picture, or more of a map of the entire Dauntless compound. Every hallway, room, restroom, and closet displayed in amazing detail.

I stand from the couch and walk over to the map. I trace my finger over the halls I walk everyday, turning corners with my finger picturing it in my mind.

"Eh-him-" Eric makes me jump as he clears his voice behind me. I spin around and see him holding two beers, he passes me one before he cracks open his own and takes a gulp.

"Really? It's only like 9 am." I stare at him disapprovingly. He shrugs his shoulder, "I like to get an early start." I roll my eyes at him and put the beer on the coffee table. "I'm not here to drink beer with you Eric." I cross my arms over my chest and watch him plop down on the sofa. He takes another gulp before he speaks, "I was just trying to get you to relax, someone needs to get that stick out your ass."

Are you kidding me?! I am not up tight! I'm like the least strick person I know...right?!

I perch my lips at him and grab the beer off the table and take the top off using its corner. I don't usually drink so when I take a gulp it tastes bitter and gross. Eric laughs at me and props his feet up on the table. "Alright, there I drank. Now-" I give him a serious look, "are you... aware of what Jeanine and Max are planning?"

His face goes blank and he robotically drinks from his bottle. "Yeah." His words are empty. I focus on his eyes, tying to see any form of emotion, "and?" My voice comes out week. Eric stands then throws his head back downing the last bit of his beer before I've even fazed mine. "You wanna know what I think of all of this?" He glares at me from the other side of the sofa. "I think that you need to follow orders. No matter how much you think you know, it's what you are fucking here for is to be bossed around!"

He's yelling at me now, taking steps towards me slowly.

"Why can't you get that?!" I stand with my back against the wall hoping Eric won't come any closer, gripping my beer bottle so tight it might brake. "Because I cant just stand around watching innocent people die!!!" I yell back t him. He's silent for a second, taking deep breaths. I put the beer on the table and walk to stand in front of him.

Reaching my hand out I hesitantly place it on Eric's chest as it rises and falls. "And I know....you can't either...." he brings his eyes up to look at me, dark circles loom under them from exhaustion. Eric grabs my hand but doesn't throw it away from him, he just stays like that. I rase my palm to cup his jaw and stair deep into his gray eyes. "I know you're more than the monster everyone makes you out to be, even if you don't know it yourself."

His grip on my hand tightens and I wince a little bit but don't pull away. "You don't know the things I've done Blake, the people I've had to kill. If you saw my demons..." his voice is low and rough. I bite my lip trying to stop myself from saying something stupid, but it comes out anyway. "I don't care Eric, just because your broken doesn't mean you can't be fixed."

We stand frozen for a moment, staring into one another's eyes. Suddenly Eric pulls me to him and presses our lips together.

↣↣↣↣↣↣↣↣↣↣↣↣↣↣↣↣↣↣↣↣↣

Thank you for all of the likes and comments, I'm trying to have the chapters up as soon as I can!