Artist's Wonder . JJ

Dedicated to CrackerSkittles1

* * *

Just another dumb day at dumb school with a bunch of dumb people. Yeah, maybe not the most positive thing to think on a Tuesday morning, but the most truthful.

You lazily did your locker combination while dreaming of the day when you would graduate and be off to some place like Paris. Some place where you may actually be appreciated.

It's not that you were bullied, or had your books hit out of your hands like every other typical shy girl story. You were just quiet. No one ever took much note of you, and maybe you liked that. You had grown so used to it over the years that you didn't give it a second thought.

Before closing your locker you grabbed your sketch book from the top shelf, and tucked it under your arm securely. Everyone has a gift in life, and artwork was yours. You had never shown anyone the pages before, but that was perfectly fine by you. There was a reason why you had never shared this big part of yourself, (or yourself in general) you didn't think that you were good enough.

The first period bell rang and you were off to your first class, English.

You sat alone in the back as always, where you were free to take out your sketch pad, and ignore whatever Shakespeare topic the teacher decided to rant about. But when she didn't mention any of this you looked up and your eyes widened without you even realizing.

The teacher was standing at the front of the room, introducing a new boy to the class. He was kinda tall, with blondish hair, and pretty blue eyes. "This is Jack Johnson." Your teacher explained as the boy smiled at the class. "He has moved here from Omaha. Mr. Johnson, there is one available seat at the back."

He walked back awkwardly, managing to sit next to you, filling the last empty seat in the room.

You managed to push your art book beneath your binder before he could see it.

He smiled and said hi. You uncontrollably blushed but didn't know what to do, so you just looked away.

* * *

Finally the day was over. You went to your locker to get your jacket, but as you opened it, your heart fell. You didn't have your sketch book. Your mind raced to a million and one things, all unhelpfully confusing you.

"Is this yours?"

You spun around to face the boy from your English class. He held your book out to you.

"Thank you so much!" You said, taking the book, realizing that these were your first words to him.

"You're welcome." He smiled. "I hope you don't mind, I looked through it and-"

"You what?" Your face fell.

"They're incredible. You must be like famous around here or something." He reassured.

You forgot about being upset. "Wait, they are?"

"Yeah! They're dope." He paused. "I was wondering if I could ask you something."

You swallowed hard and didn't reply, you just looked at him blankly.

"I'm really into making music. I want to make it big, go on tour even. But I have a current setback, no one has ever heard my work before." He began to speak slowly. "Do you think you could maybe design me an album cover?"

You were frozen. Not only was he cute, but he acknowledged you and your drawings. He liked them, apparently a lot, and you both had something to share with the world that was currently in hiding.

"Johnson right?" You said.

"Jack Johnson."

"That's the name you want for the cover?" You blushed at him.

"Wait, you'll do it? I didn't expect that you actually would. This is great!" Jack said excitedly. "Oh, and the album is Jack&Jack. My best friend's name is Jack Gilinsky, we make the music together. I rap and he sings..."

Jack kept going on joyfully about his dreams in the music industry. You stopped hearing him and you just looked up into his eyes, leaving behind the shy girl. Suddenly, you were someone new, someone who you were meant to be.

* * *

*Two years later*

You smiled looking up at the Eiffel Tower from your art shop. You had little stores all over the world selling your work, but this one, in Paris, was your favorite.

Your phone rang, it was Jack.

"Hey babe."

"Johnson, you wouldn't imagine what one of my pieces just went for!"

"I'm so proud of you! Tell me all about it over dinner after the concert."

You sighed happily, "how's it feel to be wrapping up a sold out European tour?"

"It's a dream come true, baby."

Thinking back to the first words you ever told him, you smiled before you hung up and said sweetly, "Johnson? Thank you so much."

* * *

I've gotta say, this is my fave so far:) Want one? Inbox me! xo