Holding Out for a Hero 3

It was the big night. You played with a curl of your hair and looked down at your dress for a last time. You had to admit, you felt beautiful.

Your heart didn't just skip a beat when you heard the doorbell ring, it seemed to stop altogether. So many dreams of yours were coming down to your next moments.

You began down the steps as your mom welcomed Hayes inside.

"So you're the quarterback?" Your mom smiled at him.

Hayes didn't even hear the question as he was frozen from watching you come down the stairs. His blue eyes were big, and you became convinced that if the world shattered right then and there, he wouldn't have noticed.

He took your hand gently as you reached the final step. After a few pictures, you made your way out of the door, and to his old Chevrolet.

After he helped you in, and you were on your way to the dance, you asked something that was bothering you.

"Hayes you don't think that those Oak View guys are going to try to show up tonight do you?"

Hayes hesitated for a second. "No, they're all talk. It's going to be okay."

He gave you a reassuring look, and you breathed deeply. Remembering the way he had held you at the game once they had won. It was perfect. You looked at him, he was perfect.

When you arrived at the dance, Hayes held tightly to you. The venue was covered in little white lights, and everyone was there.

Hayes held your hand and took you straight to the dance floor as your favourite slow song began.

Nothing could have made that moment better. You raised your head from his chest and looked up at him.
His bright blue eyes shone through the dim, romantic lighting.

"You're beautiful." He smiled down at you.

This was it, he was leaning in to kiss you. All of your fantasies becoming reality. You closed your eyes, preparing to take it all in.

"Hayes, man. I need to talk to you." A deep voice said.

"Gray, what are you doing, I'm kind of.. You know.."

You opened your eyes to see a boy about Hayes height with a quiff, and a cross earring standing beside you. He was also wearing a tux, and you knew he was one of Hayes best friends.

"Dolan, I'm sure whatever it is, can wait." Hayes said, and you tried not to laugh at his desperation to hold onto what was left of the cute moment.

"Hey (y/n), I just need to steal your date for a minute." Grayson pleaded.

He looked like a puppy with those brown eyes, you weren't going to say no. "Fine, but I want him back."

"Thanks (y/n)!" Grayson pulled Hayes away by the arm. "You look stunning by the way!"

Hayes gave him a look at the last part, then looked back at you apologetically as they disappeared into the crowd.

You went to talk to your friends until Hayes returned.

About fifteen minutes later, you felt a tap on your shoulder, you turned around smiling but it faded as you found an out of breath Grayson.

"Grayson, what's wrong? Where's Hayes?"

Grayson looked worried, and he just took your hand and you ran out to the parking lot to his car.

"Where are we going?" You questioned.

"Look, a few members of the Oak View team showed up. I don't know how this all happened, but it did. And you're going to lay low, but you need to come with."

"Where's Hayes?!"

"Somewhere with them, they took him... Hayes is gone."

***

Boom. Plot twist;) x