Holding Out for a Hero 2

Bright lights, excitement, and Hayes number seven warm up jersey around you.

You sat with your friends and cheered on all of the boys as they took on their rival, Oak View High School.

Your school was down about 10 points in the last twelve minutes, but after a quick pep talk by Hayes they got the game back. This lead to the smiling faces of everyone from your school as the game ended, and the upset expressions from Oak View's.

You just had to grasp this point in time, so you ran down onto the feild, straight to your lucky number seven.

Hayes opened his arms to you with a massive grin. You jumped, and he swung you around beneath the stadium lights. Your legs wrapped around his waist and those blue eyes looked at you in a way that was so special, you wished it could have lasted forever.

"Congrats Hayes!" Joey said from behind you. "Can I get a picture of you two for the yearbook?"

You both smiled wide, and Hayes tickled your side as the flash went off, causing you to laugh before he set you down.

You touched his warm face, leaned in and then...

"Hayes, someone wants to talk to you." Jack Dail, a team mate of Hayes said.

Hayes rolled his eyes, annoyed, then he looked behind you, gulped, and he calmly pulled you slightly behind him.

When you looked, there were a few guys from Oak View standing in front of you both.

"Grier." The big one in the middle said. "Hope you had fun tonight. Next time, your ass is getting kicked."

"What do you guys want?" Hayes asked.

"Nothing. Enjoy your dance tomorrow night, Grier. It would be a shame if something were to ruin it."

"What are you talking about?" Hayes said tensing up.

"Cute girl. What's her name?"

You cut in. "(Y/n). And I can speak for myself."

"Damn. The only thing wrong with you is what you're wearing."

Hayes was mad. You held to him tightly so he wouldn't have a chance at hurting anyone.

"Don't talk to her like that." Hayes spat.

"Hayes let's go." You said softly.

Hayes put his arm around you and took you away from them. They called things after you two, but you just focused on Hayes.

Hayes, and that lucky number seven.

***

Hope you like it so far:) x