Chapter 15

The fact that Raheem was here had me scared. This nigga is crazy and I don't know what to expect with him.

"Who's at the door Mel?" Jay asks coming up behind me making me jump, I turned around to face him and he had pizza crumbs all over his mouth.

"Wipe your mouth Jay" I told him, while looking out the peep hole again. Rah was still standing there with his hands stuffed down in his pockets. Man why is he here?

"Melanie who the hell is at the door? he asked me again. By the tone of his voice I could tell he was getting annoyed.

"Raheem" I answered quietly

"Word? Move out the way then" he ordered me

"Jay what are you going to do?" I asked him

"Mel, move" he replied simply. I knew if I didn't move then he was going to pick me up and move me himself. So I decided to get out of the way.

"Thank you" he said walking to the door and opening it. There stood Raheem in a red polo shirt, dark jeans, and the black and red Bred 11's. His dreads where in a ponytail, and he looked as if he was crying.

"Can I speak-".

Before he could even finish his sentence I saw Jay's fist slam right into the side of his face. Raheem fell onto the ground and Jay started punching him in his face repeatedly, to my surprise Raheem wasn't fighting back, that's when I knew something was wrong.

"Jay! Get off of him!" I yelled trying to pull him off Rah, but he wouldn't let up.

"Jermaine!! Please stop!" I yell once again. This time he did as I told him and got off him.

"I don't like yo bitch ass!" he yelled down at Raheem while kicking him in the stomach. Raheem tried to say something but then he started coughing up blood.

"Jay stop!" I say sternly while bending down to the ground to help Raheem up. He had blood coming out of his nose.

"Come inside, so I can get a cold cloth for your nose" I tell him. Y'all are probably wondering why I'm being so nice to him after all the hell he's brought to my life, but I can't hold a grudge against him for the rest of my life. What's that gonna solve? Nothing. I just wanna see what's up with him, something's gotta be wrong for him to pop up at my house unannounced.

"Mel, you really gonna invite this fool into your house?" Jay asked looking at me like I was crazy

"Something is wrong with him Jay, I wanna see what he has to say" I tell him as we walk back into the house. Jay closed the door behind us.

"Man fuck him and his feelings!" Jay yelled looking at Raheem. I could tell he wanted to punch him again.

"Jay just chill" I say as I grab a wash cloth and put ice in it

"You know Tyrone ain't gone like this shit"

"I'll worry about Tyrone later" I say handing Rah the ice to put on his nose

"Thank you" he said taking it from me

"Man why are you here?" Jay asked him

"My mom died" he says looking at me. Instantly I felt bad for him, Raheem's mother meant the world to him. She was the only person he had left in this world, so I know he's hurting right now.

"Oh my God, I'm sorry to hear that Raheem" I tell him. I could see the tears starting to form in his eyes

"She had cancer, I thought she was going to beat it. You know my moms a fighter, but I guess God was calling her home" he tells me as tears stream down his face