Chapter 20

Melanie

After hours of looking around for a prom dress, I finally found the perfect one. It's a off white long silky gown, with only one strap going across my right shoulder there's diamond studs going across the chest part. It fits my body perfectly, even with my big belly sticking out. I love it.

"Baby my feet hurt" I complain wobbling into the living room where Tyrone was playing his Xbox, he's such a big kid. We had just gotten home like a hour ago.

"I'll massage them for you, if they don't stink" He laughs turning away from the game and looking up at me.

"Shutup, my feet smell good plus I just got the shower" I pick up a pillow and throw it at his peanut head. Then I sit down on the couch and put my feet up on his lap.

"Mel, your feet are small as hell. You sure you aren't half leprechaun?" he asks laughing at his joke

"Tyrone massage my feet before I kick you in your mouth" I say trying to fight back the laugh I held inside. Even when he's making fun of me I can't help but laugh at his silly ass.

"I see you trying not to laugh Mel" he says starting to rub my right foot. God it felt relaxing, carrying this baby is harder then I thought it would be. But to be honest I'm loving every minute of it, T.j and I have a special connection already.

"Whatever" I gave him a dimpled smile

"So, when do you plan on talking to Jay again?" he asks, catching me completely off guard. Where the hell did that come from?

"Where did that come?" I ask looking at him with my eyebrows raised

"From me, it's been month's and you guys still haven't spoken to each other, what's up with that?" he asks switching from my right foot to my left foot

"If Jay wants to speak to me, he can call me. He has my number" I say nonchalantly. I'm still feeling a little salty about what went down at Raheem's mother wake a couple of months ago. At the time I felt like Jay was being messy and I still do. It seemed like he wanted to ruin my realtionship with Tyrone.

"Yeah, but you have his number too. You could call him, he's leaving Compton soon don't you want to at least try and patch up y'all friendship?" He looks into my eyes trying to find an answer to his question, but I honestly didn't have one. If Jay hasn't spoken to me in five months and vice versa then obviously our friendship wasn't shit to begin with.

"I don't know, why are you so worried about it?"

"Cause you and Jay have been friends since yall were little kids. Now y'all both are grown and finna graduate high school next week, you really going to let some petty shit that happened months ago ruin y'all lifetime friendship?" he asked while playing with my toes. Weird ass.

"Ugh, I guess not" I sigh thinking about all the shit Jay and I have been through over the years, he's had my back through whatever. Yeah, we've been through some arugements but at the end of the day he's my bestfriend and I'll do anything for him.

"Exactly, he texted me earlier and wanted to meet up with you" he says quickly

"And what did you tell him?" I ask

"I kinda sorta told him you'd meet him up with em. You are aren't you?" He looked at me poking out his bottom lip and giving me the puppy dog eyes. He looked so cuteee, and he knows I can't tell him no when he does that.

"Alright, fine I'll meet up with him. I kinda miss his yellow ass anyways" I admitted

"That's my nigga" Tyrone says with a smile "And I'm pretty sure he misses you too"