Chapter 24 (Part 2)

Melanie

"Baby girl wake up" A familiar voice says waking me up from my nap, I quickly pop my eyes open to see a shadowy figure staring down at me.

The figure stood to be at six feet tall, brownskin, and he was wearing thick glasses I knew it was a "he" because of his deep voice. I sat up on the couch and rubbed the sleep out of my eye's, that's when I realized it was my daddy.

"Daddy?" I questioned looking up at him, he smiled.

"Yeah it's me baby" He chuckles lightly, I missed that laugh. The laugh that use to make all my problems go away.

"What are you doing here?" I ask reaching out to touch him, but my hand went straight through his body.

"You can't touch me Melanie, I'm a spirit" He tells me

"Oh yeah, that's right" I say quietly, realizing what I had just done.

"I've been watching over you, me and your mother" He says looking down at me "Baby girl, you've been going through alot, I just wish I was still here to protect over you" He says shamefully

"Daddy I'm fine" I tell him lying straight through my teeth

"Stop lying to yourself Mel" He says sternly "You've been going through hell and back but believe me its gonna get better baby" He preaches to me, I nodded my head listening to him.

"I'm here to tell you that I love you and be very wise as to who you associate with" He tells me

"What do you mean?" I ask dumbfounded

"Your biggest enemy can be sitting right in your face and you don't even know it. So be wise Melanie, be wise" He repeats

"I don't understand daddy" I say confused as hell

"You'll see in due time baby girl, and try to forgive the one's that hurt you cause they just might be the ones to rescue you when you need rescuing"

"Daddy I'm so confused it isn't even funny, tell me what you mean. What are you talking about?" I asked

"You'll see baby girl, I gotta go now. I love you, and remember, I'm always watching" He gives me a warm smile and a wink before vanishing into thin air.

"Ayo Melanie wake up" I hear Devon's voice say shaking me awake, I quickly sat up on the couch and looked at him.

"How is he?" I ask referring to Tyrone, Devon left to go to the hospital two hours ago and he's just now getting back.

"Man, he's blessed" Devon says with a big smile while sitting down next to me on the couch

"What do you mean?" I ask him in total confusion

"Yo whoever shot at Ty was a rookie, they shot this dude three times and only hit him once" Devon tells me

"So Tyrone only got shot once? Where?" I ask him

"In his chest, the bullet was almost close to his heart, but my nigga pulled through. They had to rush him into surgery and remove the bullet. He's okay Melanie, perfectly fine" I sat there in shock for a minute, I couldn't believe the words that were coming out of Devon's mouth. My baby is alive, he's okay!

"Oh my God" I say silently, as I felt a tear stream down my face

"Aw come on Mel don't punk out on me, Tyrone's fine. Only thing he's missing is you" Devon says with a smile

"Well come on then, let's go to the hospital" I say standing up and grabbing my purse. I quickly wiped the tears away, my baby is fine. He's gonna be okay.

"Thank you Jesus" I whisper to myself as I walk out the door. I can't wait to see Tyrone, I just hope he isn't still mad at me.

----

Aye shoutout to all my beautiful faithful reader's! I know it took me a little minute to update this book, but hey it's uppp! I know it's short too, but expect another chapter on Friday.

Thoughts on this chapter? Read, vote, and comment! Love y'all.

*Demira