Chapter 19

5 Months Later....

Tyrone

"Ty, what do you think about this one?" Melanie asks me as she walks out the dressing room wearing a long strapless purple dress. A couple of months have passed and Mel is five months pregnant with our baby boy. Her stomach was poking out of the dress but she looked pretty.

"Yeah, that's the one" I say with a yawn. Our senior prom is next week and I've been dress shopping with Melanie all day. It seems like she can't find a dress that she likes.

"You said that about the other fifty dresses I tried on" she sighs while looking at herself in the full length mirror

"Baby you look beautiful in it. Just get it so we can go eat" I say while checking the time on my iPhone 5, it's reaching eight pm and I'm hungry and tired.

"No, I look like a fat whale, I don't even think I wanna go to prom again" she says while rubbing her stomach

"Why? You know I'm not going without you and I already bought my tux so you gotta go" I say looking up at her. I could see the tears threatening to spill from her eyes, she's been real emotional lately. The other night she was about to cry because I wouldn't have sex with her, I don't like seeing her cry so I finally gave in.

"Because I don't feel pretty" she says as the tears stream down her face "And I don't want to be walking around prom with this big ass stomach of mines"

"Melanie, you look beautiful in my eyes" I walk up to her and wipe away the few tears that traveled down her face "And baby this is our senior prom, it's only gonna happen once. Don't you wanna go out and have fun before T.j. comes?" I ask her

"Yeah I guess" she replies while playing with her fingers

"Well then wipe away those tears baby girl. I promise you you're going to have a good time. I'm going to your prince charming and of course your gonna be my cinderella" I say with a smile while taking her hand and spinning her around then dipping her. She was laughing and her beautiful smile made me feel good inside.

"Okay, I'll go" she stated as I brung her back up

"Good, cause I was not about to return that tux" I say kissing her on the lips

"I love you" she says looking into my light brown eyes

"I love you too baby" I smile down at her

"Good because we're going to be here for like another hour. I have to find the perfect dress, and this one isn't it"

"Mel come on I'm hungry" I complain "I'll buy you every dress in this store and you can take them all home and find the perfect one for you" I say being deadass serious. Back in the Bronx I started dealing when I was like 10 years old, ever since then I saved every single dollar bill I made. I have over 100 million dollars saved up, I got a stash at my house and a stash at my mother's house in New York. So I got bank, I don't know how long it's going to last though so pretty soon imma have to get a legit job.

"No Ty, I rather try them on here and buy one to take home" she says with a smile while walking back into the dressing room.

I sit down with a sigh and started playing candy crush on my phone. This is going to be a long night.

Jay

"You excited about coming to Florida?" my older brother Robert asks me as I put some of my belongings in a big box. There's only two weeks left of senior year then I'm off to college in Florida. No lie imma miss Compton, and I'm lowkey gonna miss Melanie. We haven't spoken to each other in five month's, I miss her ass.

"Yeah I guess" I reply while sitting down on my king size bed

"Wassup with you Jay? You seem down" he says looking at me.

"I think I'm in love" I stated seriously. But my brother didn't think so because as soon as those words came out of my mouth he burst into laughter. Silly ass nigga.

"Rob I'm being seriou..Yo ugly ass play too much" I yell while picking up a pillow and throwing it at him

"My bad bruh, but damn Jermaine Lucas Thomas in love really? Nigga you the player or all player's" he says while twisting one of his shoulder length dreads

"Yeah, I know. But things change" I said quitely. Mel and I have been friends since we've been little kids and I've always had a little crush on her and I guess over the years it grew into love. I love her in that more then a bestfriend type of way.

"Who's this special girl?" he asks me

"Melanie"

"Nigga she has a baby on the way and she already has boyfriend. What you trying to do, fuck up they little family?" he asked looking at me as if I was crazy  

"No, but I can't leave Compton without telling her how I feel" I tell him..I just want Mel to know what I really think of her, I know she's in love with Tyrone and all but I can't leave here living in a world of what if's.

"Jay, this is somebody emotions you playing with. Say she does leave her boyfriend for you, will you be able to help raise the baby?  Or deal with her baby father?"

"Hell yeah" I say trying to convince myself more then him. I mean I'll love the baby like it's my own and Tyrone and I....well..I don't know about that one.

"Jermaine I hope you know what your doing, this shit can get very messy. You messing with someone's heart" he warns me

"Yeah I know. I got this" I say while standing up and putting tape on a box. I love Mel, always did. I just want her to know how I feel before I leave for college, Rob is right this shit could get messy. But that's a chance I'm willing to take, I just hope I don't regret this.

Lawdd Jay in his feelings! Do you guys think he should tell mel how he feels? Or no? Do y'all want Jay and Mel together or Tyrone and Mel? Hmm, shit bouta get hella real. But tell what you think. Read, vote, and comment. (:

-Demiraaa