Chapter 2 ~ Room 310

I quickly found a parking spot in the large car park, luckily quite close to the main entrance. I unplugged my phone from the aux cord that was playing All Time Low and swiftly got out of the car. Ahead of me stood a large old fashioned looking building with the Fairy Tail University logo in the middle.

After opening the door to the building, I stepped in, looking around in awe. A shiny, marble floor spread out below my feet. Little houseplants and bonsai trees dotted the large room and a little wooden desk sat at the back of the room. Behind sat a extremely pretty woman. White hair flowed down her shoulders and a little bunch was tied up at the top of her head.

The door clicked shut behind me, causing her to look up. A cheesy smile took over face as she looked at me with her deep, blue eyes.

"Hey there, I'm Mira!" She exclaimed as I made my way over to her desk, replicating her contagious smile.

"Oh, I don't think I've seen you around before, have you just enrolled?" She asked kindly.

"Yeh actually, I should have a room in the dorms I think." I replied

"Ahh that's great!" She shouted, causing me to laugh. She seemed a little too excited to be honest.

"Just hand me your papers and I'll get you your key."

I grabbed the folded papers carefully from my rucksack and handed them to Mira over the desk. She examined them and looked up seeming extremely happy.

"This is great! You're actually next door to me, in Room 310!"

"Oh wow! So you're a student too?" I asked quite happy to have a friendly neighbour.

"Yeah, the school has jobs that students can take to earn a little money. I took one of the receptionist jobs but there are many other like Laundy and Library Duty. A lot of the people you see working here are most likely students." She giggled. "Except teachers of course."

Hmm, Library Duty actually sounds pretty interesting. Maybe I'll take a little look later. I have a feeling I'm really gonna like this place. I just hope my roommate isn't a bust.

I snapped out of my thoughts as Mira stood and turned her back to me. In front of her stood another woman with long light brown hair. A pair of small glasses pinched at the tip of her nose as she looked over them.

"Oh, hey Ever, time for your shift?" Mira said smiling. She never stopped smiling. It gave her a really happy aura. The woman nodded in reply and took her place behind the counter.

"Oh, how rude of me I never actually got your name!" Mira said as she came out from behind the desk and walked toward me.

"Lucy" I smiled. She nodded.

"That's a great name." She said in response, still smiling. "So Lucy, seen as I have a free period right now do you want me to give you a tour of the place?"

"That sounds great, thanks!"

We exited the large marble room through a tall pair of dark, wooden doors. We sauntered down a long hallway whilst Mira told me about the place. From what I've learnt, the ground floor held all the services such as the Kitchen, Dining room and Laundry room, and all the floors above had the dorms. Outside was a square with separate buildings around it containing the classrooms

"...and this is the library." Mira said whilst pointing to a blue door that contrasted with the yellow walls of the hallway.

We entered the library and I stood in shock. It was huge! Books filled all four walls top to bottom. Shelves stood in the middle of the room in rows, also covered in books. This was like paradise. I knew I was going to spend a lot if time here.

"Hey there!" Announced a short girl with blue hair walking toward us. She wore a little orange and white dress that stopped just before her knees. "I'm Levy! I work here in the library." I smiled and gave a little wave.

"Hi Levy, this is Lucy. She just enrolled here today and her dorm is actually next door to ours!"

"Wow that's great!" Levy replied.
"I can see us being really good friends. Do you like books?"

"I love books!" I almost scream from excitment.

-

"Well, here we are. This is your room! Mine and Levy's is the one to the left, you can come over if you need any help brining your bags in. See you later!" Mira gave a little wave and entered her room.

I looked down at the golden key in my hand. A little red ribbon tied around the ring creating a bow. My finger traced over the number 310 that was engraved on the rustic key. I put the key in the keyhole and turned.

Here we go.

-♡-
Word Count: 832