Chapter 8 ~ The Project 2.0

It had been a week and me and Natsu still hadn't started the project. I walked to the kitchen to raid the fridge. I scowled at the lack of food inside and ended up grabbing a granola bar from the cupboard above that was probably Natsu's.

I plonked myself of the couch and turned on the tv, switching to the Kerrang channel to listen to some music. 'King for a Day' was playing so I sang along, very excitedly because UHM KELLIN QUINN PEOPLE, whilst crunchy on my granola bar.
Around half an hour of snacks and music later, the click of the front door caught my attention. I turned my head and leaned back on the sofa to see Natsu down the hallway.

"Hey Luce!" He said once he spotted me. Whats with the new name?

"Hey" I said back, quickly grabbing the wrappers for all the granola bars of his I stole... Which was around 6... I ran to the bin and threw them in, gaining a confused look from Natsu; I just played cool and slid onto one of the stools in the kitchen.

"Um so... about the project...? We need to make a front cover right?" I asked Natsu, hoping he wouldn't notice my random panic.

"Yeh I think so, we should probably do that first" He replied.

"Well, I literally have no craft stuff at all and I'm guessing you don't either... Should we run to the store or something?"

"I guess we have no choice really..." He said whilst grabbing his keys from the rack on the wall and spinning them around his finger. "Come on, I'll drive."
He threw me a quick wink and I replied by rolling my eyes. I shifted my body from the chair, entered my bedroom and took a knee length black cardigan and a pair of Vans from my wardrobe.

"Ready to go!"

~•~•~•~•~•~•~

Now in the University parking lot, we walked past many cars, including my own, before stopping at an Audi RS6 in Black. Trust me. It was a nice car.
We got inside and he started the engine.

"Nice car you've got here" I complemented, looking around the interior. My inner car geek was coming out.

"Thanks" Natsu replied simply. "My brother got it for me when I turned 17"

Throughout the drive we talked about cars and music. I found out that we both have very similar interests when it comes to those two subjects. Eventually we stopped outside a few stores and parked up. Soon a basket was filled with glitters, markers and stickers and we were back on our way home again.

--------

"Wow I would have never guessed that you would be so good at drawing Natsu!" I said in surprise, as he finished off some last details of a dragon breathing fire.

"Thanks, I didn't think it was that good" He laughed, seeming a little embarrased by the compliment. "Yours is amazing!" My heart fluttered at his compliment.

Then my eyes scanned over the awful drawing of a mermaid holding a golden jug. It looked as if it had been drawn by a 2 year-old. No exaggeration.
A laugh burst from my mouth.

"I couldn't draw even if the world depended on it!" I retorted.

Eventually we finished the front cover of the scrapbook and put everything, that was sprawled out on the coffee table, away.

-

Natsu made his way to the couch and planted himself in the middle. He looked over his shoulder at me, attaching to my gaze and patted a space next to him.

"Come. Lets watch a movie and cuddle." He said. His voice was smooth yet husky. A shiver ran down my spine and my face flushed. Damn. Why does he have this effect on me?

Wait Lucy. Remember who you're dealing with here. A Play Boy.

"Tsk" Was the only sound that managed to escape my mouth. Our eyes were still locked together; somehow I couldn't detach them, as if I'd lost the key.

"Pleeaase Luce" he whined, still holding our gaze.

"Ugh, Fine." I replied, walking towards the couch. "But no cuddling."

"You're no fun." He mumbled under his breath.

I sat down next to Natsu and folded my legs under me. He scrolled through Netflix on the 50" TV ahead, eventually picking a random comedy and pressing play.
I scrolled through tumblr on my phone, then twitter, instagram and eventually got to Neko Atsume, finding myself bored with the movie. I felt Natsu's eyes burning holes in the back of my head and I rolled my eyes in frustration.

"Take a picture, maybe it will last longer." I said sarcastically. Key word: Sarcastically.

"Okay" Natsu shrugged and rumaged in his pocket for his phone. I face palmed. He got it out and opened his camera app and tried to take a picture of me.

"No stahp" I said trying to cover my face witha pillow.

"You do know I'm gonna need your number with this picture" Natsu said as he successfully managed to take a picture of my face. "I'll have to set it as your contact photo."

"You're kidding right? Nice try but no" I said rather bluntly.

"Hey why not? You never know when you might urgently need to call me! Plus I am your room mate." He said.

"Ugh fine." I said, not being bothered to argue any longer. I grabbed his phone and typed in my number. "There"

"Great. Now we can text all the time!" He said cheerfuly. I snorted and carried on playing on my phone.

It started getting quite late and my eyes were starting to drift shut. I looked over to Natsu and realised his head was lay my on my shoulder. Quiet snoring noises escaped his mouth. I found my self staring at him, a smile taking over my features. He looked cute. I shook the thoughts out of my head and reminded myself of my objective. To go to bed. I slowly slid my shoulder out from beneath his head and placed him on a pillow from the couch. I got up and started to creep away as to not wake him.

"Luce?"

My heart stopped and my head snapped to his direction.

"Yes?" I replied in a hush whisper.

"Where are you going?" His voice was husky from just waking up.

"To bed, Natsu. It's 3am" He propped himself up in his elbow and looked at me.

"Please don't go. You're warm" He croaked.

My face reddened.
"If you're cold, go to bed" I stated and started walking to my room.

"Lucee!" Natsu called. Once again I stopped in my tracks and turned to face him.

"What now?" I snapped, getting slightly frustrated as I knew he just wanted to get in my pants.

"Can I stay in your bed with you?" He made puppy dog eyes as he looked at me.

"Natsu, we've only known eachother for a few days, why would I let you sleep in my bed with me?"

"I need comforting..."He said in a soft, child-like voice.
I rolled my eyes and gave in.
"Fine." I said and pointed my finger at him. "But no funny buisness"
Secretley deep inside I wanted him to stay in my bed with me...

We made our way into my room. Natsu climbed into bed first and I, hesitantly after. We lay back to back and said our goodnights. After around 10 minutes, Natsu's snores could be heard once again. I smiled, closed my eyes and fell asleep with the Play Boy.