EPILOGUE

"This is it you guys!" The bluenette yelled, her voice barely audible over the loud chorus of people talking in the background. "We're finally going to graduate!"

Levy grinned massively at her friends stood around her; Gajeel, Lucy, Natsu, Gray, Mira, Erza, Jellal and many, many more. They all cheered, smiles across each of their faces.

But one smile was brighter then the rest. One girl, who never thought she could feel so content with her life, feeling worries and troubles would always way her down - she smiled the brightest. 

Her boyfriends hand slipped into her own, as she angled her head to look at him. His hand squeezed hers as they made eye contact and she squeezed back.

"We did it Natsu." She spoke, as if the whole room only had the two of them, the background noise and flocks of people seeming to disappear. "We're graduating University."

Natsu leaned toward the girl, planted a dainty kiss across her delicate lips - no doubt did their rectangular hats clash on top of their heads, but neither of them would let that ruin the moment.

"You did it Lucy. Well done," He praised, taking his free hand to caress her cheek. "I love you so much."

"I love you more." She blushed, cheeks tinging pink.
The blondes smile never once fell as he took her hand, and headed to their seats with their friends.

A loud tapping on the microphone silenced the crowds, and people began taking their seats throughout the huge auditorium. Around a hundred people or more filled the room for the big day.

"Ladies and Gentlemen," Mr. Happy was stood behind the microphone, balancing on a stool, to bring his height to more of a standard, that way he could reach the microphone. "It's an honor to welcome you to the graduation ceremony for Fairytail's best class yet."

The crowds erupted into a huge applause, clapping and cheering echoing around the room. Lucy smiled as Gajeel yelled out something about their class being so great, and that there was no wonder.

"A-ahem." Happy cleared his voice, getting the crowds attention again and turning the thunderous cheers back to silence. "I want to thank each and every student here today, for bringing such a huge contribution to this schools society and making it overall better for both us teachers and other students around..."

After a long, heartwarming speech, leaving most of the crowd close to tears, he started introducing students and handing them their certificate.

"Lisanna... Nab...Jellal"

Names were called one after the other, as each student took their certificate, said a few words, and took a new seat at the other side of the room.

"Levy McGarden..." Levy squealed as her name was announced, Gajeel placed a quick peck across her lips, before she headed toward the platform. Lucy smiled brightly as she watched one of her best friends graduate. She was so happy everyone could share this day together.

"Natsu Dragneel."

The name caught Lucy's full attention and her hand still entwined with Natsu's, untangled as he stood up. He glanced back at Lucy with a grin, before heading to the platform before the audience.

Cheers echoed the room again as Natsu received his certificate and shook the hands of Mr. Happy. The applause eventually died down as Natsu stood before the microphone. Natsu's gaze drifted around the room, across the hundreds of people ahead, until they stopped - locking eyes with a paticular blonde.

"I want to start of by saying thankyou. Thankyou to my friends, the school, it's amazing facilities helping me get this far, without all the support and kind faces, I don't think I would be stood on this stage today. But overall," Natsu eyes never left Lucy's, his lips curving at the corners into a subtle grin. "I want to thank my beautiful girlfriend for helping me through. Without her, life would have been a lot more tough. Tougher than being left in a classroom with Mr. Happy all day." He laughed, causing the audience to laugh along with him. Lucy's eyes glazed over as she smiled straight back at the boy, her heart thumped in her chest from the words. How was her speech ever going to live up to this? "Thankyou."

Natsu turned back to thank Happy, before heading off the stage towards the other seating section. This was it, Lucy was next.

"Lucy Heartfilia." The name tore into her chest as her nervousness finally broke free. At first her body refused to move, but eventually, just like everyone else, she headed toward the stage, smiling brightly as she received the papers from Happy where he gave her a tight handshake.

"Well done Lucy." He whispered, as she turned to the microphone.

Lucy's fingers gripped the smooth wood of the podium infront of her, nails digging in, etching new marks into the wood. She opened her mouth to speak, but couldn't seem to form words into the microphone. Her heart started pounding in her chest, getting louder and louder until she felt it was all she could hear - head throbbing.

BADUM, BADUM... over and over.

Lucy vision began to falter, black dots speckling the hundreds of people she saw before her; eyes mirroring what was already there, leaving her to see double. She took a deep breath, trying to focus her sight on the audience and form words, but nothing seemed to happen. She saw a blur of pink jump up in the audience around where she had previously been sat, but then everything started turning, slowly getting darker and darker and her legs went weak. The last things Lucy remembered was hearing the cries of her name behind her, one voice in paticular called out to her in pure terror. The voice of the person she held so dear.

"Natsu..." She whispered, though it strained her throat. She fell to the floor.

And everything went black.

-♡-

DUN DUN DUUUUUUN.

You may be wondering... Author, what on earth are you up to?

;)

Well, i have a HUGE suprise coming if any one you can guess? *wiggles eyebrows*

I'll give you a hint:
It begins with S and ends in EQUAL.

Im not just gonna leave the story to end like this am I?