Chapter 20 ~ The Letter

The school week passed rather quickly. I felt chilled, with no problems to worry about. Now that I had patched things up with Lisanna, we were texting the odd time and had planned to go out.

Natsu and I were still great. Being roommates with your boyfriend definitely has its benefits. One of those being wrapped in warm, safe arms every morning. We'd started sleeping in a eachothers beds, alternating every night, though in my opinion, his bed is definitely the comfiest. At first we would come with the excuses that 'we couldn't sleep' or 'it was cold' but now it's just the norm.

It's now Saturday; Another day free from responsibilities and a time to relax and get your head straight.

Well, at least that's how we wanted it to be.

Me and Natsu were woken up at 2am to the noise of violent pounding on our dormitory door. I groaned in annoyance as the noise echoed loudly through the apartment. I rolled out of Natsu's strong grasp, slipping my feet into my slippers and throwing on a flannel for warmth. I waddled to the front door tiredly, wiping my eyes in the process to wake my self up. Not even taking into account the time, I swung open the door.

I groaned again in annoyance when I saw no one there. I stepped one foot out of the doorway to look down the long coridoor outside the dorm. I squinted my eyes as I saw a blur of a figure run into the elevator a few doors away, but no way could I make out who it was.

By now my face was screwed up in confusion. Why would someone knock on our door and just run away? I turned around to step back into the apartment when my foot brushed against something. I squealed and quickly recoiled my foot in panic, my slipper falling off in the process. Once I'd looked down I relaxed, realising it was only an envelope.

The envelope was red, rimmed with gold around the edges. I bent down to pick it up, but as soon as I gripped my fingers around it, a sizzling sound appeared. I rapidly threw the envelope back to the floor after realising it was burning my hands.

"Jesus!" I cursed, looking at my wounded hands. How the hell can an envelope be hot?

I tried picking it up again, only to be left with more burnt fingers. I looked down at the red envelope on the floor, wondering why it wasn't burning anything else. I came to the conclusion to kick it back into the apartment. The idea was successful, as I soon stood next to my bed, Natsu still tucked under the covers.

"Natsu!" I whisper-shouted. I leant over the bed and shook him a little. The sheets moved as Natsu husky voice was heard.

"Luce? Who was at the door?" He croaked, lifting his head from under the covers. The room was still dark so I could barely make out his facial expression, but I would imagine it as pretty cute seen as he just woke up.

"I don't know. They ran off and left an envelope on the floor." Natsu sat up and scurried to the edge of the bed. He looked down at the envelope on the floor before giving me a confused look.

"Luce why is it still on the floor?" He asked, lay on his belly across the bed, holding himself up with his hands under his chin.

I lifted my hands to show him my slight burns, he examined them as I talked.

"It burnt me! I tried picking it up but I cou-" I stopped in my tracks.

Natsu was now holding the envelope in his hands. He had picked it up as I was talking with no problem whatsoever.

"How...How did you do that?" I asked, trying to take the envelope from his hands but quickly pulling back as it once again burnt me.

"I don't know..." He said, examining it carefully.