Chapter 21 ~ Crimson Scale

Hello guys:)

So I decided not to add in magic, just because that's never what I intended and if I really want to do a plot like that I can do a whole new book ^-^

Hope you enjoy this chapter.
-♡-

"Crimson Scale" Said Natsu, staring at the tiny piece of card in his hand.

He flipped it over, showing the letter 'CS' printed on the back in bold red.

"Natsu explain, what's Crimson Scale?" I asked, needing to know what the hell he was going on about.

"I should have known!" He yelled, getting up from the floor and angrily putting on yesterday's jumper, previously laying on the end of my unmade bed.

"Natsu!" I said, trying my hardest to get his attention. "What's going on, tell me!"

He looked at me in the eye, rage tearing through his gaze.

"Crimson Scale have my father." He said, walking out of my room with me following him.

He entered his room across the hall, grabbing a rucksack and throwing random things inside.

"They're a group, a gang you could say. They do horrible things for people to get money, but are very hidden about it." He said, now turning to look at me again.

"Do you know what they want?" I asked nervously, wanting to help but not knowing how.

His gaze left mine as he walked over to the far end of his room where his wardrobe stood. He opened it, pulling out piles of clothes from the bottom until he came across a small shoe box at the back.

He pulled it out, placing it infront of him as he kneeled on the floor.

He slowly clipped off the lid, putting it carefully to the side. Inside the box was a replica of Natsu's well-known muffler.

"Your scarf?" I asked, sitting beside Natsu; the box infront of us.

"No, its what's inside." He replied, delicately taking out the scarf and unwrapping it.

Fold after fold, there seemed to just be more and more scarf, until finally a golden object was revealed.

He took it out, placing a golden key in the palm of his hands.

"This is what they want. It opens something very important... and dangerous I guess you could say." Natsu told me.

I took the key from his hand, examining it intensely. It looked fairly unused, still maintaining its golden sheen.

"So are you going to do it?--What they asked?" I questioned Natsu, handing him the key back which he re-wrapped into the safety of his second muffler.

"I don't know... this key... it's dangerous. If it was to get into Crimson's hands it definitely wouldn't be good. But... they have my dad." Natsu ranted, not knowing what to do. "I need to find a way to get my dad and keep the key."

"What makes this key so dangerous Natsu?" I asked, not understanding how a key could hold such importance.

He sighed, looking at the floor with what seemed to be deep thought. I took his hands in mine and looked up at him, trying to reassure him that everything would be okay.

"There's a safety deposit box in one of the train stations just outside magnolia. Inside is a letter. This key opens the box." Explained Natsu, staring down at his hands.