A Twist in Stories

Mea's P.O.V

The sun rays beamed across the window above the head of my bed hitting my eyes. The burning sensation woke me up instantly. I stared blankly into space, then suddenly it hit me. I was late for school again, but that didn't bother me. School was like a never ending torture, with all the nasty remarks, and the popular kids. What crime had I done to deserve such a punishment. I got out of bed lazily knocking off the glass of water that was set at the edge my side table. Shards of glass spread like wild fire, I leaped across to the bathroom ignoring the mess I created. I stared into mirror for nearly ten minutes counting every flaw I had, then realized it would take nearly an eternity because I had so many. I quickly slipped on a yellow coloured tank top and put on a cheetah print cardigan to go along with some khaki coloured jeans. I slung my bag across my shoulder and raced across the corridor almost tripping on the rugs.

"Bye mom, I'll see you in a bit." I murmured to my mom kissing her freckled cheeks.

"Your late again, Mea. You need to start getting a hold of yourself and start being responsible. This is not the way to continue life."  She replied while putting on her shining black dress shoes, ready to go to work.

"Mom, don't worry. I'm still getting used to it all."  I said encouragingly and slammed the door on my way out.

My parents and I had just moved here a couple of months ago. It was my first move and I still needed to get the hang of it. It had only been a couple of days since I started going to school, and let me tell you it wasn't your dream castle. I was walking along the uneven pathway kicking pebbles and rocks out of my way when some called out to me.

"Mea!" Cried Sophia.

Sophia raced across the clear road and stumbled towards me. She gave my hand a tight grip and soon we started walking again. We were close to school, and I could already hear the students gossiping and fighting. As we entered the small school, that had unpolished floors and chipped off paint I felt many eyes fall upon me. I could here whispers and comments float around me like a dark rain cloud. I walked awkwardly to my locker trying to cover my face with my long hazelnut coloured hair. Sophia rushed behind me setting a hand on my shoulder.

"Hey, don't worry. They'll get used to you, Your the new kid, takes time getting used to."  Sophia Shrugged while smiling.

"Yea right!" I sighed closing my locker with a -SLAM-