The Phone Call

I was awoken by a phone call the next day. I stuck out my hand trying to find my phone, then it stopped ringing. Not too many seconds later it began ringing again, I got up and found it under my pillow. Unknown Caller. I sighed while putting my phone back. After the third call I decided to pick it up.

"Hello." The stranger stuttered. "Hey it's me Sophia."

"I wont be coming to school anymore, don't bother waiting." I informed Sophia as I slipped on my pink fuzzy bunny slippers and walked towards the bathroom.

"Look at your window."  She yawned. I turned around suspiciously, and proceeded to the window slowly, scared to see the result. I slid the curtains and stuck my head out the window. Sophia stood there waving, and motioned to come into the house. I nodded, and slid the curtains back. I was just about to unlock the door when she barged inside. She wore an purple studded lattice tank, dark wash shorts, and black jeweled sandals. 

"Why do you care about them, forget what you saw. Just laugh about it. I've already talked to the principal he said he'll do something about it, anonymously." She assured and she shot out her hands from behind her back and revealed a small box wrapped in shiny purple wrapping paper.

"Open it." she said handing me the unusual box. I carefully opened it, trying to not to tear the beautiful wrapping paper. It was a little glass box that held a tiny snow teddy bear, about the size of my hand. The bear held a message that read "I Love You" I instantly grabbed Sophia and squeezed her.

"Thanks." I smiled. 

"Your'e coming to school." She exclaimed as she left the room. "I'll meet you in a bit" I watched her leave. I freshened up, and put on some red skinnies, a white tank that had a black studded cross on it. I made a small braid, on the side of my head and wrapped it half way around my head and left  the curls in my hair as is.

Just as I was about to slip on my red converse the phone rang again. It was probably Sophia messing with me again I told myself. I picked up the call, and a deep voice answered,

"I enjoyed your slap, I hope you enjoy my gift" The stranger sneered, I figured it was a prank from Sophia, and I laughed,

"Alright." I joked, and I put my phone in my bag. It sounded real quiet when I got downstairs. I peered around the corner to find my mom, I walked into every room yelling,

"Mom! Dad! Where are you." Nobody answered, I shrugged my shoulders, they probably went to work, I concluded. Sophia had already been waiting outside patiently. We walked in a rhythm together. Sophia kept encouraging me, and told me evrything's going to be OK by the time we got to school. I was a fool to believe her.

We had just entered school premises when all eyes turned to me, people were sneering, and laughing, fingers began pointing in my direction. I ignored thinking this would last a couple of days and then it would all be forgotten. Everyone seemed to be holding flyer's that were being distributed by Jennifer and her little posse. When we entered the school everyone gathered around me, and someone handed me a similar flyer. 

"So this is the real you?" Someone in the crowed snickered. It was an image of my head photo shopped on to a strippers body, underneath the image in black bold font it had my number. I couldn't read the rest because my eyes became blurred, and my tears began to form. At the top of the page, in big red bold letters it read : Slut Wanted. The flyer dropped from my hands, and my phone started blowing up with calls. I raced out of the school, hitting my elbow on the glass door.  I ran faster and faster not stopping anywhere, I finally had reached an old wooden bench at the far end of  the school near the emergency exit, and slumped down.