I Was the One to Blame

Mea's P.O.V

I sat lazily on my bed, Overseeing the things that happened throughout the day, I was left in shock and tears. I cried for hours, my pillow was soaked and my eyes were swollen and red. I slipped on to my chimpanzee onesies, and climbed into my queen sized bed with my laptop. I opened it gently and logged on to my facebook and email. Everyone seemed to be sharing a video that was going viral and many of the captions read "Must See! Funny!!" I clicked on the link and was disturbed to see that the video was the video of me from when I fell earlier in school. Scanning through the comments and messages made my heart stop. I stopped crying, my mind went blank. 

I don't remember when I woke up the next morning but my parents were at it again. They yelled and shouted blaming each other for what they did. I could really make out what they were saying cause their argument remained in the dining area. I heard several things shattering, and breaking. The videos and images of yesterday's videos were still circling my head. I just lie there, nothing going through my mind, as if nothing seemed to matter anymore. 

It was six in the evening, I hadn't eaten all day yesterday or today. After all what did it matter, I soon began worrying about my mom. I snuck down to the fourth last step of our staircase, and sat there silently listening to my parents conversations. Though the room was dead quiet. Suddenly the door opened making an annoying creaking noise. You could hear the thump of large boots. It was my dad.

"What happened?" My mom questioned, you could almost hear her hold back a few tears.

"What would've happened? You think this was a joke!" My dad said in an angry tone. "We are done, their is nothing left for us, our business all gone. Down the drain because of your foolish decisions" He continued his voice growing louder.

"My foolish decisions? Without your approval we wouldn't have been here." she accused, her eyes growing wider.

"Do you not understand? Our Business is finished, the sponsors have left, because we left. We were living in Ohio happily, it was your idea to move!"  He snarled raising his voice level to maximum

"I did it for Mea, for her future." My mom bawled, she couldn't hold her tears back any longer.

"She's a child. Like mother like daughter. She is old enough to understand, we can't continue fulfilling her wishes because of her needs." He stammered, sitting down on the leather sofa's.

"This is not Mea's fault, don't drag her into this. She was doing this for the best."

"The best? You say the best? We have so many loans to owe, we are in great debt!" He barked rising from his seat. 

"You are a sick man, blaming your blood, your daughter. What man in the right mind does that. You are supposed to be supportive." She shouted, also rising from her seat. She moved closer to dad, as dad raised a vase in his left hand. 

"Destroying the house wont pay for your debts David!!" Ignoring my moms statements my dad sent the vase flying through the air and smashing against the concrete wall. He marched up to his room knocking down a chair, and slammed the door so loudly that you could feel the vibration.

I rushed to my mom to see if she was okay, she stood their trembling and crying. Her tears didn't seem to stop. I attacked her with a big bear hug and murmured,

"I'm so sorry mom." She patted my back soothingly and kissed the top of my head. She took me upstairs to my room and sat me down on the bed, then left the room. A couple of minutes later she returned with water and food. She made me drink from her shivering hands, and fed me a little bit of food after hesitating. I rested my head on her lap, while she straightened out my hair out and fell asleep.