Hardships

10 months left......

"You little twerp! Aw, look, he's crying. Why don't you go and cry home to your mommy? Oh wait, you don't have one!"
I could hear something slightly crack in my arm, and I winced in pain, causing more tears to slide out of my eyelids.
    Bryce was towering over me smiling with delight at my pain, while Amelia and Josh looked on from the sidelines. Pushing me harder against the alley wall, I smelled Bryce's toxic breath and that alone almost made me hurl up what I had in my stomach.
    Speaking of stomachs, he just picked me in the stomach again, for the fourteenth time. He backed away and I fell onto the ground. Curling up into a ball, I awaited the next round of insults or beatings. 
    "Your such a baby. No wonder your family left you. Who would want to be around a nerdy loser like you!" A kick to the head.
    "Yeah, your family probably took one look at you and threw you out. No one in the world will ever care for you!" said Amelia. Lifting me up, pushing me in the chest two times. Dropped to the ground.
    "wherever you came from was probably the worst place on earth, and must have had some sort of radioactivity. I mean, how else would you have such a hideous and lame birthmark, dipstick!" Josh said. Kicking me in the back four times.
    Before they could continue, Bryce interjected.
    "Alright guys, I think he has had his daily beating for this week." I hear footsteps calmly walking out of the alley.
    "See Ya next week, Ya piece of trash!" The I'm left with the distant sound of footsteps and laughter disappearing down the alley.
    I lie on the dirty concrete for ages, afraid that if I moved something bad would happen. Hesitantly, I made my arm move slightly. Sure, it hurt like heck, but I could at least move it.
    After twenty minutes, I finally manage to get up onto my unstable feet. Leaning on the wall for support, I start to make my way to the opposite end of the alley where my three bullies walked off.
    Limping all of the way, I finally manage to get into the clearing. The tall grass brushed passed my legs, whipping around in the direction of the wind. I closed my eyes and took in the relaxing scenery, then started to head to the forest; my home.
    As soon as I entered the treeline I felt safer, and it was as a weight had been lifted off of my shoulders. My pain lessend just a smudge, and I stumbled deeper and deeper into the forest.
    Usually, the trip to my makeshift shelter was quick. But for some reason, today it felt like an eternity. I lost track of time, and everything seemed to be in slow-motion. White spots began to swim into my vision, making me a little disoriented.
    Luckily, just as I was about to collapse, I made it to my shelter. It was a large hollow full of thorns and roses, with soft grass in the middle. I found it four days after the time machine broke, and it was now the closest I had to home. It protected me from all of the dangerous creatures lurking in the woods with its thorns, but also allowed some in.
    On my first day here, I met Jeff and a few other gnomes. Of coarse, Jeff didn't know who I was, so i tried to make a good first impression. Somehow I managed to, and now the gnomes help me when I need them.
    Slowly crawling into my den, careful not to poke myself, I felt excruciating pain through my entire body. It felt as though pins and needles were slowly making their way through my skin.
When I got into my home, I colapsed from exhaustion. With all of the beatings I took from those bullies through the two months I had been here, this one was the worst. I can still remember when I first met them in the courtyard of the school.

Flashback

It was the first day I had ever dared to step out of the forest, and I was more than scared.
I had no idea what to expect from these past people would be like, and how they would react to me. Being in a small town, almost everyone knew each other. And since there was no Mystery Shack to bring in tourists, they weren't used to new people.
    I walked fast through town, getting glances from everyone that I passed. I managed to find a navy blue sweater, and I may or may not have stolen a white T-shirt from someone's drawer.
    Getting uncomfortable with the eyes staring at me, I pulled my hood over my head, draping myself so no one could see my face clearly.
    As I kept walking, my mid trailed elsewhere, seeming to rip me out of reality. Without knowing it, I reached a junior high that I had never noticed before.
    Ripping myself out of my clouded and random thoughts, I looked out onto the schoolyard. Kids of all ages played on the swings and slides, having no cares in the world.
    Recalling memories of when me and Mabel were that innocent, tears started to well up in my eyes.
    Before anyone could see me, I quickly wiped away the liquid forming.
    When I did, I noticed something that made me cringe. On the side of the school, where no teachers could see, I saw a kid that looked about the same age as me being surrounded by three others. The other three were made up of  two guys and one girl.
    The one that looked the same age as me had books and papers in his hands, and he was being shoved around by the other three.
    Not caring if the teachers saw me, I stormed furiously into the schoolyard. Some of the kids stared at me, startled by a random kid walking into their school. Although most of them didn't even notice me.
    I reached the group, and I heard the three bigger kids laughing as all of the kids books fell onto the ground, along with him.
    His nerdy glasses were slightly broken, and he was on the brink of tears. Angrily, I shoved one of the bullies in the back.
    "What's your deal? Leave him alone!"
    They all looked at me in suprise. The one I shoved most of all.
    She had bright red hair, and it was down to her shoulders. Her tan skin almost hid her freckles that dotted her face, but not completely. Her green, electric eyes stared at me, anger filled. She wore all black leather with a diamond necklace hanging from her neck. She was known as Amelia.
    To the right of her, was a dirty blond haired boy about the height of me. He had gray eyes that blended in with his pale skin. Blemishes were covering his forehead, but the rest of his face was completely clear. He wore a simple red T-shirt and jeans, with black sneakers. He was known as Josh.
Finally, the meaniest looking one. He was Mexican, and had deep dark brown eyes. He wore a plain gray shirt with blue jeans. His expression was hard, and I could tell that he wouldn't be interested in playing any games.
"and who exactly are you supposed to be?" the girl in front of me asks.
"Dipper. And I think me and that guy would be grateful if you stopped what you are doing" I said, gesturing to the spot where the boy once lain. As I did that, I saw that the boy had fled the scene, no evidence he was ever there.
"Dipper? How bad do your parents have to hate you to name you that?" the blone boy asks, chuckling a little to himself when he said my name.
"my parents didn't hate me! It's my nickname because of my birthmark." I then made the mistake of pulling down my hood and showing off my birthmark of the little dipper.
All of them stated at me for a second, then started laughing their heads off. It was then I realized that I just gave so much fuelfor the bullies to make fun of me for.
The Mexican boy came closer to me until he towered over me.
"well, 'dipper', I think we are going to have a lot of fun..."

End of flashback

I was now sitting up, holding my weak arm as I recalled that horrible memory. Small amounts of blood stained my white shirt, and my eye was swelling a little bit.
Sighing, I lie back down in the soft grass, letting the noises of nature surround me. In the distance, I heard a gremablin roar, and the unicorns rave music.
"Yo Dipper, you alright?" I turn towards the voice, afraid that something evil had found me. But, luckily, it was just Jeff.
"Define alright" I reply as I put an arm over my eyes, blocking out the now setting sun.
"well, you look kinda beat up. You need anything?"
"some food would be nice...please"
"No problem! Gnomes at your service!"
I heard him scuttle off, and I started slowly falling into a deep slumber.

Somewhere else...

"Whoa! We're just trying to get some food for a friend! No need for anything drastic!" Jeff frantically says, as he and his other gnomes try clawing themselves out of the net they were trapped in.
A large ominous figured looked at them, not buying a word they said.
"Gnomes? Having friends? Like I would believe that." the figure said, crossing their arms across their chest.
"No! It's true! He's one of your species!"
Said Jeff despretly, about to say anything to get out of the dreaded net.
The figure then got curious. Another person who knows about the supernatural? Maybe we aren't the only ones... he thought to himself. Shaking the thought away, the figure turned back to his captives.
"One of my species? What do they look like?"
"I don't know! All you humans look the same to me!"
Jeff was starting to get angry now. No one captures the soon to be leader of the mighty gnome empire.
"Well, just tell me a little bit about what they have in common with me, and what they don't."
Jeff thought about it for a moment. Would he really sell out his friend to this gnome kidnapper? Yes, yes he would.
"hm, he's a male like you. He's smaller then you, by a significant amount. I believe he's what you people call a 'child'? He has the exact same eyes and hair as you, and he doesn't really fit in anywhere. He doesn't have any family either. That's why he mostly hangs out with us."
At this news, the figure was really suprised. A kid made friends with the Gnomes? He must have an interest in the supernatural. He actually sounds a lot like me when I was young...
"Do you know where he is?" the figure questioned.
"Well duh, how would we have brought the food to him. And I'm guessing you want us to take you to him. Which we will, but only if you let us go!" Jeff yelled from the net.
The figure stared at the gnomes.
"fine, deal"
"Great! Now let us out and we'll show you to him, Stanford!"