Old Friends...

6 months left......

"Dipper, you have to come see this! It's extrordianary!" Ford yelled from downstairs. Swiftly, I jumped up from my bed and ran down the stairs to the attic with a eager smile on my face. Whenever Ford found anything, even though I already knew what it was, it was exhilarating.
Twisting into the hallway, I steadied my pace to a brisk walk. Finding Fords room and study, I walked in to see what new supernatural entity he had discovered.
Turns out, it was one I was all to familiar with. On his desk next to the journal that said two, was a blue and pink crystal. Internally, I groaned, remembering the bad experience Mabel and I had with it. Ford was also holding one in his hand, and was looking at it as if it was going to jump out at him.
    "Look at this amazing jewel I found deep in the woods while you were writing. I hypothisised it has size enhancing capabilities based on the miniature deer and giant insects surrounding the site. Come, take a closer look." he said, holding it out in his hand.
    Acting like I was also intrigued and mystified, I walked toward him and plucked the gem from his hand, analyzing it like it was the first time I ever laid eyes upon such a stone. 
    "Wow! That's incredible!" I placed my finger on my chin. "I wonder...do you happen to have a flashlight and about a foot long wire in here?"
    After asking that, he looked at me quite confused by the question. Even though he was skeptical, he rushed around until he found what I asked for.
    Remembering the steps I took to making it in the future, I made the device that caused Mabel and I a heck of a lot of trouble. Coinsedentally, it was a red flashlight, making it look even more identical to my future version.
    I stared at it proudly, before asking Ford for a pen from his desk. He was still staring at me skeptically, and didn't take his eyes off of me when grabbing the pen form the desk behind him and handing it to me.
    Placing it on the floor, I stepped back and pushed the flashlight on. Blue light emitted from it, hitting the pen. Slowly, it grew to about the size of a cat before I turned to light off.
    Ford now stepped infront of me, and picked up the pen in awe. He smiled and looked back at me.
    "This is amazing! Your a genius, kid!" he said as he placed the pen on the couch, rushing back to his desk to catalogue what had happened.
    I sat down on the turquoise couch as he wrote, placing the flashlight beside me. Sitting there in silence, my mind wandered back to how I was the only hope for humanity in the future. It was a topic that I tended not to think about, as I still havent come up with a plan to stop Bills Weirdmaggeddon. But I was running out of time, and so far, none of my plans I came up with before I slept would be possible. Then suddenly, an idea popped into my head that I really should have thought of a long time ago.
    What I could do, is make sure Ford never builds the portal in the first place. I can't stop him from meeting Bill, Bill telling him about and making deals with Ford, but I can knock some sense into him if he ever starts to build the portal. The only flaw in that plan; I didnt know when Ford had started making the portal. The only details I had ever gotten about the time was thirty years ago, never a specific date. But how hard could it be to realize your great uncle is building a literal apacoliptic death machine in the basement? I wouldn't think it would be that hard. (obviously it is hard dipper...)
"Something on your mind? You don't look that great." Ford said ripping me out of my thoughts. He came to sit next to me, and took note of my appearance.
I was wearing a red sweatshirt similar to what Mabel or Ford used to wear, with grey cargo shorts. Looking around in my backpack that I brought from the future, I managed to find a spare pinetree hat, so i was wearing that also. And in a self made pocket inside my sweatshirt, was the twin knife I carried around with me at all times.
    "I see you're not wearing what you usually wear."
    "Yeah, I figured that wearing cloths that I stole from people wasn't the best idea."
    He chuckled, and I was glad to get the subject of what I was thinking about out of the way. Ford then stood up and went back over to his desk, picking up the journal and putting it in his trench coat. He turned towards me, and had a big smile on his face.
    "Hey, I have something I need to take care of in town today. Want to come with? You can explore the town while I take care of things." he said.
    "Do I!" I answered enthusiasticlly, jumping off of the couch. A smile was also plastered onto my face, matching Fords. I never really got the proper chance to walk around the town, and I've wanted to for quite a while.
    "Then let's get a move on." Ford said as he exited the room. I eagerly followed him with a skip in my step and I massive smile on my face.
On the way out I grabbed my trusty backpack and slung it over my shoulder.
    When we were outside, Ford walked toward the 'Stfrdmoble'.  He opened the driver door and climbed in. I opened the passenger door and climbed in also. Ford started the engine, and we headed into the town.

~~Mysterious Time Skip~~

    We arrived in town about three thirty in the afternoon. The sun was still high in the sky and beating down onto the town. Usually on days like this, I would ask Mabel how she could stand being in a thick woolen sweater. Now that I wore one, I realized it wasn't all that bad.
    Ford stopped his brown jeep and we both leaped out of the car. He parked in the parking lot of the 'Dusk To Dawn' and there was not very many cars around.
    We set up a place to meet back and a time, then set off to do our own thing. Ford started to walk towards the part of town where everyone tended to live, and I went the opposite direction, towards the plaza of the town.
    As I walked around, I couldn't help but look into all of the shops and see if I could recognize anyone.
    In one of the shops that sold yarn, I saw lady Susan, but she had both eyes open. It was unusual to see her like that, but not that weird. In a music store, I saw sheriff Blubs with an afro looking at death metal music. It was again unusual to see him like this, and especially without deputy durland. Finally, I saw manly Dan. He was in a maintenance store with some lady who looked as though she was pregnant. She had the same red hair as Dan and same the same face as Wendy.
    I was having such a wonderful time. The sun was getting lower and lower in the sky as I passed more and more shops and more and more people. Eventually, I ended up in a lesser known part of town where not many people hung out. Many of the buildings didn't look in the best shape, but they weren't in the worst condition either. Definetly liveable, at least.
    Just as I was about to turn around, I heard a chilling voice.
    "Well, haven't seen you for a while dipstick. You've missed quite a lot of your beatings."
Stopping in my tracks, I looked to my side and saw Bryce, Amelia, and Josh leaning on one of the more liveable houses. Anger fumed inside of me, but there was also the inescapable fear.
    They started to walk towards me intimidatingly, but I stood my ground. Towering over me, they smirked at me, waiting for a response. When I didn't say anything, their smiles diminished and Bryce picked me up by my sweater collar. I tried to struggle out of his grip, but he had gotten muscular over the few months I hadn't seen him. Bryce walked over to two of the houses and threw me in between them, where it is barely visible from the outside.
    I landed face first on the ground, and I felt a small weight come out of my sweater. Looking to see what it was, I saw my twin knife, the face saying mystery twins face up. I reached for it, but before I could pick it up, Amelia snatched it off the ground.
    "Hm, what do we have here?" she said, turning the knife between her fingers. I didn't do anything, but the anger I had grew steadily.
"'Mystery Twins'? Looks to me you had a twin." she knelt down and grabbed my chin, roughly lifting it my head up to face her. "Their dead now, aren't they? And I bet you say there and did nothing as they suffered...didn't you? Or did you kill them yourself." She said, shoving the knife that said mystery twins in my face.
    That was my breaking point. I got up and tackled her to the dirt ground. Before I could do any more, Bryce and Josh pulled me off and roughly pinned my arms to the back of one of the houses. Amelia got up and brushed herself off, anger gleaming in her eyes.
    I couldn't manage to get the knife back into my sweater, so it was now lieing on the ground once again. Amelia picked it up off of the ground, and put it against my throat.
    Her smile was devious. "I bet you used this knife to kill them, didn't you? Now it's going to be used the same way..." she said, gently pressing the knife harder into my skin. Before she could do anything, however, a familiar voice sounded from the street.
    "What are you doing!? Let him go right this instant!" Ford yelled assertively.
    All at once, they let go, running in the opposite direction. I went to the ground, landing on my knees. Picking up my knife, I held my throat, shaking uncontrollably.
    Ford rushed over to my side, and glanced at my knife. I never told him about it, so this was the first time Ford ever saw it. Staring blankly at the words engraved on the serated weapon, I closed my eyes. I felt tears well up, and I clutched the knife to my chest. Ford put an arm around me, and lifted me up.
    We started to walk out from inbetween the houses, but not before a familiar presence seemed to form behind me. With my eyes closed, I didn't dare look.  But as we exited the town, the presence became stronger, and I heard Mabel's voice, saying what she said everytime bullies got me down.
    " Keep your head up, dipping sauce. Tomorrow is another day..."