Chapter Three: Perry/ Aaron

Perry 

My eyes roamed back over to Aaron on the other side of the room, who was laughing with Charlie. I felt pretty lucky that he had told me he was gay, it seemed to me that he trusts me enough to share something so deep and intimate. I would've enjoyed talking about it a little more, but didn't want to interrupt him with his friends. He was probably curious as to what my preferences were. The thing is, I have absolutely no idea. No girl or guy had ever flirted with me or even batted an eyelash at me. There have definitely been times in my life when I thought I was never going to find anyone, and simply got used to that idea.

Shaking my head, my eyes fluttered around the room to see everyone was still talking and having a good time with each other. Grabbing a cupcake off of the nearby counter, I made my way over to the multiple windows to look outside. The sky was dark and intimidating as a few stars twinkled here and there.

I jumped when a hand was suddenly resting on my arm, making me look up to see the gentle eyes of Aaron staring back at me. He smiled, giving my arm a gentle squeeze before he stood next to me. "You okay?"

"Me? Of course," I said while looking away from his brown eyes to stare up at the sky again. "You didn't have to come over here; you can go back to my friends."

"You're the friend I care about the most," he said. He was standing so close to my body that his breath was hitting my neck, making goosebumps completely cover my body. A smile spread across my lips when he said that, he really was the greatest friend. "Come on," he suddenly said while nodding towards the door.

"Where are we going?"

"I'll show you."

He said something to Charlie and Simon as he passed them before he continued walking down the long hallway. I practically had to run to keep up with him, why did he have to be 6'5?

When we got back into his room he threw a shirt on over his head before grabbing his bag. With that he walked out of the room and out of the dorm. I tried to not show how bad my fear of the dark was, instead staying close to Aaron's tall body. For some reason just standing next to him made me feel safe.

I watched as we rounded a corner to suddenly see a large courtyard that was surrounded by different plants and a large fountain. "Wow," I whispered while twirling around in the large space. "This place is so pretty, what do they use it for?"

"Not much," his deep voice said as he watched me with a smile. "This is just a place students can come out and relax or study." He then walked over to the fountain before sitting down on the edge. Following closely behind him, I sat next to him on the cold ledge before looking up at the stars.

We stayed in a comfortable silence for a few minutes, both enjoying the view of the beautiful space. My eyes glanced down to notice a book hanging out of Aaron's bag on the ground. "What a shock," I said while gently pulling the book out. "You have a book in your bag."

He smiled while putting his arm behind me on the fountain. The way he sat made our bodies get closer to each others, his chest rubbing against my shoulder. "That's actually one of my favorites," he said while the arm he had behind my body was inching closer, before a thumb was running along the fabric from my pants.

"Taming of the Shrew by Shakespeare," I quietly said while looking at the cover. "You sure do like him."

"I do like him," he said while leaning closer to my body. I wonder if he's cold or something.