Chapter Nine: Aaron/ Perry

A/N: WARNING. This chapter gets very serious- Perry's part will be dealing with violations of the human body.

Aaron 

After turning off my car, I slowly got out before looking up at the house in front of me. Before chickening out, I walked up to the front door and took a deep breath before I knocked onto the door. It took a few minutes for the door to open and when it did, I wondered if it was best coming here.

"What are you doing here?" Perry's mom asked while she stared me down. Funny, even though I despised this woman with everything in my body, it still made me sad seeing her without her son.

"I'd like to talk to you and hopefully your husband."

Her eyes narrowed as she leaned against the door behind her body. "He isn't here. You do remember that Perry doesn't live here anymore right?"

"I do, yes."

An awkward silence then passed. She probably thought I was an idiot. "So you have no reason to be here whatsoever."

She started to shut the door but luckily I was able to shimmy my foot in before she could break it. "Wait! Please, just hear me out." She then crossed her arms over her chest while she remained silent. When she didn't say anything for a while I took that as my only opportunity to talk.

"When you kicked Perry out, it really changed him. He changed from his normal bubbly and happy self to someone I don't even recognize. I'm not asking you to take him back- because honestly I wouldn't want him living with people who treat him so poorly. But you're still his family, and he's going through some really hard times right now. He... he got mixed up into the wrong things with the wrong people. I don't know what else to do, can you please help?" My voice cracked on the last word, I sounded so desperate.

She remained silent for a while, silently judging me. "Him, have hard times? I don't believe that."

"Please, I would never make any of this up. The person he's living with now got him addicted to... heroin."

A loud laugh suddenly filled the silence around us, making me look up into her eyes. "I always knew he would never do anything with his life. That's your problem, not mine. Wait until his dad hears about his son being a drug addict, he'll get a kick out of it!" With that she slammed the door right in my face.

What just happened? I wondered while staring at the door inches from my face. Turning around, I walked back over to my car before slowly getting in. After sitting in a silent car for awhile, I started it up and drove it home.

Honestly I didn't think his parents would actually do anything, but they still should've cared. Why didn't his mother care about him? My thoughts wandered back to Hugo and his dad; he really didn't care about any of them. I just can't understand how parents could act like that towards their children.

After Tate had forcefully thrown me out of the apartment, I had driven straight to Perry's house. I really had no clue what to do and obviously his parents weren't going to give a shit. I just wanted my best friend back.

After pulling into my driveway a little while later, my head landed on the steering wheel as I tried to calm my breathing. Feeling as good as I was going to get, my legs wandered into the house I knew so well. "Aaron?"

Turning around, my body relaxed when the smiling face of my mom was walking towards me. Her small arms were wrapping around my taller body as she kissed my cheek. "Hi mom."