Chapter Eight: Aaron

A/N: :(

Since Perry still didn't have a phone and there isn't a phone in his apartment, I was going through major withdrawals from him. He was my best friend, and not being able to talk to him everyday was making me quite depressed.

I didn't bother him the first few days he was in his new apartment; I let him get adjusted to his surroundings. Hopefully everything was going alright at his new job. Since it was the Wednesday before Thanksgiving I decided to surprise him by coming over and making his favorite thing in the world.

Walking up to the front door I started to knock until I realized it was open. Poking my head inside I didn't see anything out of the ordinary, but also didn't see anyone.

"Perry?" I loudly asked while coming in and shutting the door behind me.

I walked into his bedroom and came up short. I then tried the bathroom and kitchen, still nothing. "Perry?"

The last door I came to was slightly open, what looked like smoke was circulating around the room. Knocking onto the door I asked, "Perry?"

The door suddenly opened, Perry standing in front of me. He quickly shut the door behind him, so quickly that I couldn't see what was going on in the room behind him. "Aaron, what are you doing here?" He asked while starting to itch his arm.

"Are you okay?" I asked while seeing his pupils were unusually small and a large rash was on his arms. "You don't look too good."

"I'm fine," he said as he kept sniffing.

"Are you sick?"

He leaned back against the wall behind him before suddenly starting to laugh out of nowhere. "You're so funny." He was looking up at the ceiling while he was smiling like an idiot. "So funny," he quietly said before his eyes slowly started to close.

"Perry?" I asked while gently waking him.

When his eyes reopened he instantly straightened his back and his smile disappeared. "Sorry, did you say something?" He asked while tilting his head to the side.

These symptoms... I swear I've seen them before. "Are you sure you're okay?"

"Yeah, I'm fine. Just been a long week at work. So anyway what's up?"

Holding the paper bag up I said, "I wanted to make you some Kung Pao chicken."

His green eyes lit up for a brief second before he glanced down at the bag. He then reopened the door behind him before saying something to Tate. When he shut the door he smiled up at me before pulling me into the kitchen.

I started un-bagging all of the necessary ingredients while Perry jumped up onto the counter to watch my every move. "How was your first week of work?" I asked while turning the oven on.

"Eh," he said while shrugging his shoulders. "Washing dishes isn't that fun. But it pays the bills."

"If you ever need a break you can always-"

My words were quickly stopped when he suddenly leaned forward to pull my shirt and kiss me. Normally kisses shared between us were sweet and loving. But for some reason this kiss felt... off. He was very sloppy and was practically feeling me up, something he's never done. He also tasted different. Something was off.

When he pulled back he seemed to be deep in thought while he gently started touching my lips. "Huh, so different from-" He quickly stopped talking; instead he glanced down at his bare feet.