Chapter Thirteen: Perry

A/N: the final chapter! I've loved writing this story so much, I'm so in love with all of these characters. There will be an epilogue, which will have some spicy moments so look out for that. Thank you for reading and look out for the next book in the series, which is all about Cleo:)

January.

February.

March.

This is it, I thought while I finished putting my belongings into my bag. I did it. Staying in rehab for three months was definitely stressful, especially the days when I felt like quitting. And now here I was, exactly three months ago was when I had told Aaron I wanted to go to rehab. Just thinking about that tall handsome man was giving me goosebumps, we haven't even talked in three months. It had been way too long since I talked to anyone outside of this rehab, or since I had eaten Kung Pao chicken.

Grabbing the last of my things, I started walking towards the door before stopping in front of the full length mirror. I took a minute to look at myself, really look at myself. My eyes seemed to be brighter, the sores around my mouth weren't as prominent and I had gained some weight back. The sores had turned into scars, but they didn't bother me because they're a reminder of what I went through. They're also a reminder of what I did, and how I'll never let myself be in that dark place ever again.

Looking over at the calendar on the wall, I smiled while gently touching the large circle that was surrounding the 25th. Three months ago I told Aaron I wanted to go to rehab to get better. And I was actually able to keep my word, something that made me feel so much better about myself.

Walking towards the door, I turned around before giving the room I lived in one last glance. I looked at the bed, where I spent most nights crying myself to sleep. I looked at the window, where my thoughts used to drift off to a better place. I can't wait to see him.

Taking a deep breath, I walked down the stairs before ending up in the lobby. All of the people that had been there for me the last three months had thrown a party last night, and some decorations were still up.

"Congratulations again Perry."

Looking up, my smile widened when I saw Larry walk towards me. He was the first person I had met here, the short bald headed man I had been terrified of so many months ago. He helped me to see that there were more things in life than drugs, and made me realize so many people cared for me.

"Thanks Larry," I said while walking up to him and giving him a giant hug. "Words can't describe how grateful I am for everything you've done for me."

"I'm proud of you," he said with a smile. "You stuck to it and today you get to see Aaron again. Go give him a giant hug for me."

Giving him one last hug, I waved goodbye to everyone who was in the lobby and started to walk outside. The sun was so bright it made me squint as a warm breeze was hitting my face. It had warmed up so much it wasn't even weird to see Aaron in a tank top walking towards me. Wait a second...

"Aaron!" Dropping everything in my arms, I ran across the parking lot before running into his arms. My arms had a death grip around his neck, as his arms were holding me tight against his body. Even though I needed those three months to get better, it still sucked not being able to see him or hear his voice.

"I missed you so much," he said while putting his head onto my shoulder.

Tears were running down my cheeks as I wrapped my arms tighter around his neck. After a long time I slowly pulled back to say something when a bright green caught my eye. "What is that?" I asked while looking down at his right bicep, where a new tattoo sat.