Chapter Six: Aaron

Feeling something vibrate in my pocket, I looked to see my phone was lit up. My eyebrows scrunched together when I saw Hugo's name pop up onto the screen. "Hugo?" I asked, making Cameron glance over at me with a puzzled expression as well.

"Aaron, you need to come here."

"Why? Is everything okay?" I asked while getting up and looking around for my keys.

I stopped looking when Hugo's voice whispered, "It's Perry."

It felt like someone had come up to me and punched me in the gut. All of the air left my lungs as I sunk down onto the bed as Cameron came over and sat next to me. "What's... is he..."

"You need to come over; I've never seen him like this. His parents stopped paying for his school as well as his phone."

I felt numb; not even hearing Hugo calling my name until Cameron gently took the phone from my hand. "We'll be right there."

Cameron then lifted me up off the bed before dragging me out towards his car. Once in he sped out of the parking lot, both of us worried about Perry. My eyes took in the trees whizzing by at a high speed as we drove along the highway.

Staring down at my hands, I took a deep breath before asking, "Hey Cameron?"

He glanced over at me for a brief second before his eyes returned to the road. "Yeah?"

"I'm going to feel like an ass for asking this but why do you think Perry went to Hugo first?"

"I'm thinking maybe because they've known each other for practically their entire lives. He probably felt really scared Aaron, and didn't know what to do." I remained silent after that, not having anything to say.

It was stupid of me to get jealous of Perry going to Hugo instead of me. I can't get jealous because we aren't even a thing. Even if I wanted us to be, we weren't. We might not ever be a thing, but I still thought that Perry would've trusted me.

"You're not an ass." Cameron's voice pulled me out of my thoughts, before I sighed again.

Once we pulled into the familiar campus Cameron started dialing a number on his phone before he said, "We're outside."

Walking up to the front doors, we waited a few minutes before Sebastian was standing before us. "Thanks for coming," his stressed out voice said.

The three of us walked down the long hallway before coming face to face with a crying Perry. He was wrapped in Hugo's arms on a bed, his face covered in heartbreak. Walking over to the bed, I barely had the chance to sit down before Perry's small arms were wrapping around my neck and pulling me closer to him.

Closing my eyes, I buried my face in his neck while I slowly rubbed his back. I didn't pay attention to anyone else in the room besides him, who was making me frown with every new sob.

Pulling slightly back, I ever so gently wiped the tears off of his face while he whispered, "Thank you for coming." He then buried his face under my chin before he said, "Thank you."

"Always," I said while kissing his forehead.

After a while his sobs slowly faded out as his breathing turned more even, letting me know he was asleep. Looking up, I saw Sebastian sitting on his bed staring at his feet. Cameron was sitting next to him, while Hugo was on his other side with his arm around his waist. "What did he say when he got here?" I asked.