Chapter Seven: Perry

Opening my eyes, I squinted as a bright ray of sunshine was hitting me straight in the face. Rubbing my face with my hands, I glanced around the depressing room before my eyes landed on Aaron sleeping next to me. Slowly getting up from the mattress, I fumbled into the kitchen to see Tate sitting on top of one of the counters smoking a cigarette. "You smoke in the apartment?"

His blue eyes turned on me before slowly running up and down my body. "Yeah, so? You got a problem with it?"

Shrugging, I leaned against the refrigerator to see a small pot of coffee sitting by the sink. "Can I have some coffee?"

"Whatever."

After pouring coffee into a small cup, I leaned back against the wall while my eyes took in the ma in front of me. His bleach blonde hair was pulled behind his neck as he was sitting shirtless with a pair of ripped jeans. There was an extremely large tattoo on the left side of his torso, with other smaller tattoos sprinkled over his body. "Take a picture, it'll last longer."

His deep voice made me jump as I looked up into his eyes, to see he was staring at me while continuing to smoke. "S-sorry, I didn't mean to be rude. Why do you have such a large angel on your side?"

"You sure are nosy. I bet you're one of those guys that has to know everything about everybody."

Feeling anger rise up in my body, I angrily put my cup down before walking over to him. I then poked my finger into his chest while saying, "You don't know anything about me. Don't try to act like you do."

Tate stared at me for a few silent moments before starting to laugh. "Man you're such a pussy. You sound just like a girl."

As I rolled my eyes, I started to turn away when I heard him jump off the counter behind me. He then turned my body around so I was trapped between him and the counter. He was actually extremely tall; he had to be around Aaron's height. His body was suddenly pressing up against mine before he said, "Don't ever point your finger at me again."

With that he walked away, as if nothing just happened. Forgetting the now cold coffee, I turned around to look out the window at the pouring down rain.

"Hey."

Turning around I saw Aaron walking over to me, a sleepy smile on his face. My heart skipped a beat when I saw him; he really deserved someone better than me. Everything about him was completely different than Tate. Being around Aaron made me feel safe and calm. Tate just irritated me and didn't make butterflies swarm in the pit of my stomach.

"Everything okay?" He asked while standing next to me, instantly making my body relax.

"Yeah," I said while I stared at someone running in the rain. "What time are you leaving?"

He was quiet for awhile, making me turn to see he was frowning. Shit it probably seems I want him to leave. Before I could tell him what I really meant he was already talking. "I was planning on taking you to work. If you don't want me to I can leave."

"I'll be fine." Even when I said that my heart ached, what is wrong with me? My eyes glanced back out into the pouring down rain as he quietly said,

"Okay."

We stood in silence for a few more minutes until he slowly walked back into my bedroom. I watched as he gathered his things before walking up to me with clearly a forced smile. I knew he didn't want to leave, but he was too nice of a person that he wouldn't just stay. Sometimes I wish he would stay. Screw being nice- nice people always get taken advantage of.