Epilogue: Perry/ Aaron

A/N: end of Aaron's part is a little spicy:)

Perry 

"Are you sure you'll be okay for a few days?" Shawn worriedly asked while walking back into the kitchen.

Rolling my eyes, I stuck more cookie dough into my mouth while Aaron was chuckling beside me. "I'll be fine Shawn. And don't worry; I won't burn your house down."

"I'll make sure of that. You shouldn't be around ovens or anything sharp," Aaron said, making me shove a piece of cookie dough into his face. I laughed as he wrapped his arms around me, which was easy to do since I was sitting on top of the counter.

When I glanced back over at Shawn he was smiling, shaking his head a little. "I just want to make sure you'll be okay. I don't have to go to Heather's family this weekend."

"Shawn, she's your new girlfriend. Her family wants to spend Memorial Day meeting their possibly new son-in-law. Go, have fun."

He looked sad as he leaned against the counter, obviously reluctant to leave. "I'd feel better if you went with me. Are you sure you don't want to come?"

"Nah," I said while shaking my head. "Family gatherings really aren't my thing. Plus they usually ask what I've been doing, and I'm still not very comfortable talking about what happened. I'm comfortable talking with the teens I mentor, but that's different."

He still looked reluctant before looking over to my boyfriend. "Please, just watch out for him."

"I always am," Aaron said while placing a sheet of cookies into the oven. "Don't worry Shawn; you'll only be gone three days."

"I guess I just worry too much," he said while running a hand through his hair.

After everything had calmed down a little after I got out of rehab, Shawn bought a small house. Honestly it was so adorable; it looked like a gingerbread house. I moved in with him and have been extremely happy. I've never done anything else with heroin, I haven't wanted to. Shawn said he would pay for me to go back to school, but I politely declined. Maybe I would go back in the future, but for now I needed a break. I took up mentoring teens, who were in the exact same situation I had been a few months ago. It was nice having a home I could come back to everyday, and know I would be treated with respect and love.

My brother really did keep his word; he didn't go back into the military so we could always be together. He does something with law now; honestly I'm not too sure. It isn't my cup of tea so whenever he talks about it I zone out. His new job was where he met Heather, a very shy and adorable girl.

"Yeah you do. You already have enough wrinkles."

I laughed when he gently punched my shoulder and smiled at me. He then stood in front of me before wrapping his arms around me. "I'll pretend like I didn't hear that. If you need anything, don't hesitate to call." His worried eyes looked into my eyes again. "I'm serious."

"Shawn," I had started to make a sassy comment when I saw just how worried he was. "Okay."

He smiled before giving me another hug. When he pulled away he thumped Aaron on the back before picking up his bags. "I'll see you guys in three days."

"Later old man," I said. I laughed when he flipped me off before walking out of the kitchen.

When he was gone I turned my attention back to Aaron, who was putting more cookies onto a sheet. "Those look really good." I then scooped up some more cookie dough and put it into my mouth. "God it's like having a foodgasm."