Chapter 11

Setting: (Everybody is sitting at the table in the room opposite of the backup lab except for MaKenna and Chase who are still in the other room) (Davenport is sitting beside Tasha; Tasha beside Leo; Leo beside Bree; Bree beside Hope; Hope beside Adam; two chairs are between Adam and Davenport)(Everyone is talking quietly to the person beside them until Davenport clears his throat)

Davenport: (looks at everyone and shakes his head sadly) Okay. So we obviously need to build a new lab... And to build a new lab we need money. Which (pauses and tears up) I have no more of. (Wipes the tears from his eyes) So, does anyone have any ideas on how to solve this problem?(looks at each person in the room)

Tasha: (looks at her husband hopefully) We could have a bake sale.

Davenport: (looks at her with a "really?" face) Yes. Wonderful idea. I can see our sales pitch now. "Come get your cookies! Only $6,000 each! Cupcakes $7,000!" Does that sound reasonable to you?! (looks at Tasha and she shakes her head) Didn't think so!

Bree: (looks at Davenport calmly) Mr. Davenport! Calm down! We will find a way to raise the money!

Leo: (looks from his mom to Big D) Hey!! I know what you can do!! Perform a stunt that no one has ever done before!! But it has to be cool enough for you to get sponsors.

Hope: (looks at Leo and nods her head) Yeah! Like that guy who walked across the Grand Canyon on a tightrope!

Davenport: (looks at Leo and then Hope and smiles) That's it!! And I know exactly how to do it!! (looks at all of them and grins)

Adam: (confused) Well what does the word "it" have to do with anything? What are you going to do for the big stunt!

Bree: (rolls eyes at Adam and looks at Davenport) Don't worry about him. We can fill him in later. Just please continue.

Davenport: (nods his head at Bree and looks around the table) Okay so I have this small jet pack with wings on it... It is supposed to be the first ever personal plane. It just straps to your back and you can fly as fast as a regular plane. I can be the first man to fly all the way across Mission Creek!

(Everybody cheers and congratulates Davenport on his great idea for the stunt)(Adam keeps his hands raised for a little while longer than everybody else and they all look at him confused)

Davenport: (confusedly looks at Adam) Uhh... Adam? Do you have a question about our plan? Or a question in general?

Adam: (looks at him confused) No? Uhh.. I'm just airing out my pits.

Bree: (rolls her eyes and plugs her nose) Ew, Adam!! That's so gross! Put your arms down!! (Adam puts his arms down and looks disappointed)

Leo: (looks between the two and laughs) You can definitely tell you two have lived together for a long time..

Davenport: (smiles and looks as if he is recalling a memory) Yeah. They have their moments.

Tasha: (starts to cry and waves a hand in front of her face) Stop! You all are making me cry! (Adam holds up his arms again)

Hope: (looks at Tasha then at Adam) Aw Adam! Do you want to do a group hug?

Adam: (looks at Hope confused) What? No.. I'm just airing out my puts again. These things need 2-3 air out times a day!

(Everybody looks at Adam and then at each other and just shake their heads)