sixteen

Recap

--------

"Ah, okay" I said smiling and walking over to Namjoon.

Suddenly my vision went funny and small black dots appeared in front of me.

Next thing I knew I was falling towards the ground.

---------

Jungkook P.O.V (lmao idk why, haha wait i do)

Waiting. I'd been waiting for Yoongi for over an hour. It was over an hour actually, when Nurse Namjoon stumbled in the room saying that Jimin had collapsed and hit his head, saying that he wouldn't wake up, saying they didn't know if he'd survive.

If he would die.

So here I am, sat in bed, unable to go and help and stuck waiting for Yoongi to come back and tell me what the fuck has happened to Jimin.

After another half hour he finally came ac, sweat trickling down his forehead and his eyes bloodshot.

"Yoongi?! ," I said, slowly pulling myself out of bed and moving towards him, my frail legs trembling underneath me. ",he's okay right? He survived, right?" I whispered the last part, fearing what was to come.

"He's alive. Just. The he has, it's spread. And is moving fast. Jungkook, we don't think Jimin has much time left." Yoongi said, looking down at the ground as he spoke.

He knew Jimin well, like Namjoon did. They'd been caring for him for a while now, Yoongi had told me about Jimin. What he's like, what cancer he has, how long he'd been here. Stuff like that. And I felt like I knew him now, like we had known each other for ages, not just had one encounter and then me fucking him.

"O-oh" That was all i could say, I wish I could've said more, I really did.

"Y'know it's funny. I thought I'd be having this conversation with Jimin about you, not the other way round. We all thought Jimin was getting better. That he'd be out of here soon, but obviously not. Luck is never on our side here, so many deaths we've seen. So many people I've gotten close to have just slip through my fingers, and I- we as nurses could've done absolutely nothing. It's horrifying. All the young children we see, having a brave face on when people are with them, but when they leave they cry. All they do is cry, and the only thing us fucking nurses can do is to comfort them and say it'll be alright, when you know what. Most of the time it's not alright. Most of the time these children die. They don't get to achieve their dreams, they don't to have a family, they don't get the joy of going to their sons graduation or their daughters wedding, or having grandchildren and watching them grow up. No. They die at such a young age. And it's unfair." Yoongi spoke with a gentle voice, tears rolling down his pale face as he said it. Id never seen this side of him, he always kept the tough guy attitude.

But he was human

Just like the rest of us.

"You did so much for them, you do so much for me. Just sitting and talking to us is sometimes the highlight of our limited days. You give up your lives to care for us. We appreciate it, really. It means the world" I said, weakly pulling him towards me and embracing him.

"I just wish we could do more"

"You already do enough"

They do, they really do"

------------------------------

I just thought id give ya'll a quick update seeing as I won't be updating for a couple of days :)

~ el