15

"august!" august was penny's half brother (from her dad's side), but he wasn't around much due to college and studying. he was academically bright yet he still asked the dumbest questions most of the time.

"how was your trip?" he looked up from his phone and gave her a quick side hug.

"i had to share a hotel with two boys, how do you think it was?" she joked as he helped her drag her suitcases in.

"i read all about you online, apparently you're a groupie."

"michael said he cleared that up, i guess they don't listen." she shrugged. penny decided that moving in with august for a while was best since she had been lonely in her apartment.

"you're in the guest room," august waved his hand in her face for attention. penny groaned and slumped down.

"the guest room? i'm pretty sure it's haunted." penny pouted, she was trying to guilt trip her brother into swapping.

"good, maybe the ghosts will knock some common sense into you." he nudged her before standing up and walking into the kitchen, penny following closely behind.

"what's that supposed to mean?" she jumped up onto the island in the kitchen and crossed her legs. penny loved august, he was everything she aspired to be, but sometimes he knew too much. he would find out your secrets by accident, he knew everything.

"i know todd was on that tour bus," he voice was stern, almost like her mothers.

"how do you find these things out?" she groaned, again and turned to face him. he was smiling, like he knew something she didn't. which he probably did.

"who do you think gave luke your number?" he sat back and waited for her reaction.

"it wasn't todd, i even asked calum."

"calum's the type to lie without being asked, he knows exactly what's going on." penny wasn't shocked. todd was the type to do this, give a boy her number just so he could mess with her. "maybe you should text luke."

"maybe i will," she rolled her eyes before jumping off the counter and walking out.

short chapter, i know. but i wanted to update for you guys:)))

please vote and comment, i have so many ghost readers and when you vote it shows you're liking the book up to now. i'd appreciate it a lot. <333

also who's listened to panic!s new album???? i've had it on repeat for at least the last few days, i fucking love it v-v