20

penny waited days for these 'gifts' that luke said he would give to her yet they never came. she didn't really want gifts from luke, since items weren't what mattered in a relationship, but she knew he wasn't good at expressing his feels so she was giving him a chance. in a way she hoped that the gift was just a simple visit from luke and that he'd tell her it would all be okay but luke had other ideas.

he wanted to give her gifts that reminded them of when they first spoke/met but he seriously had no idea what to do.

"send her a book, she seems like a nerd." calum bluntly said and luke slapped his arm in response.

"fuck off cal-- actually, that's not a bad idea." luke remembered asking penny what her favorite book was and then her whining because she didn't have the trilogy.

"what's her favorite book?" calum asked but didn't take his eyes away from his phone. he didn't really care but he wanted to talk to his friend.

"50 shades." luke muttered as he began walking out of the tour bus. they were currently in wales so he figured he could get it now and not have to pay an expensive delivery charge.

penny stood in the bathroom and studied herself in the mirror. usually she wouldn't bother with makeup, not because she was naturally flawless but because she was simply lazy, but today she wanted to put the effort in just incase luke decided to face time her.

"who are you impressing?" august gaped as she walked out of the bathroom.

"i'm allowed to wear makeup without wanting to impress anybody." penny sharply exhaled and she sat beside august.

"you never wear makeup." he simply replied and she sighed knowing he'd caught her out. "why do you want to impress him? he's not worth it." penny scoffed at august's words.

"he apologized."

"yeah, right before he went clubbing and completely blanked you." he fired back. august really didn't like luke. "why can't you just date someone else?" august pouted. he wanted the best for penny since she was his little sister but she was stubborn.

"shut-" she was cut off by her phone ringing. she looked down and didn't recognize the email that was face timing her but answered it anyway.

"penelope?" calum's face appeared on screen and penny cringed at her full name.

"it's penny." she corrected him and he rolled his eyes.

"i don't care and is your favorite book really 50 shades?" penny nodded and calum erupted into laughter. "i thought luke was joking!"

"it's a good book actually, the story line is great." penny educated him and he scoffed.

"yeah right, i bet you only read the sex scenes." august almost choked on his water and had to leave the room. penny scoffed this time.

"is that all you wanted to ask?" he nodded and hung up. penny laughed a little before connecting the dots. this was luke's first present, a book. it wasn't much but at least penny knew that he still remembered what she told him when they first started talking.

ay this is shit, im so sorry. :(