17

this isnt even proof read so enjoy my mistakes x

"penelope?" august mocked a girly voice as he swung her bedroom door open, penny just rolled over on the bed and pulled the duvet over her eyes. "you seriously need to wake up, it's 9am already!" august pulled the duvet from her and dragged her legs until she sat up.

"9am?" penny punched his arm slightly as she pulled her slippers on and stood up, he walked over to her drawers and began pulling clothes out.

"we're going for breakfast, get ready." he threw a shirt over to her before walking out. penny took one look at the shirt he pulled out before putting it back and picking out her own outfit.

--

"did you drink last night?" august asked as penny covered her eyes from the sun.

"just a little," she shrugged as she scurried to get into the coffee shop and away from the heat.

"just a little? penny, you've practically turned into a vampire." he scolded her. she wasn't currently in any state to have a full breakfast - as she'd probably just bring it all back up afterwards - so penny ordered something small instead. "is that really all you're having?"

"yes, now go order it." she pushed august away from her as she took a seat at a 2-person table, pulling her phone out as she waited.

"here." he placed the tray down on the table and took his own seat. penny tapped her fingers on the table as the two sat in silence. "did you talk to luke?"

"yes." penny was blunt, mainly because her headache was getting stronger.

"and did he tell you where he got your number from?" august was trying to pry it out of her.

"no, he didn't." penny almost shouted at august, he took a sip of his coffee before going to speak again but penny cut him off. "i don't want to talk about it."

"okay but i think you should turn around." august almost choked on his own drink as he looked over towards the door of the coffee shop. penny groaned before turning and also almost choking on her drink.

"is that todd?" penny whispered as she sunk low into her seat in an attempt to hide, august nodded and did the same. "what the fuck is he doing here?"

"he's probably looking for you," august watched todd as he ordered his drink and left.

"why isn't he on tour?" august shrugged and sat back up on his chair. he watched todd walk away through the window before speaking again.

"knowing luke, he probably kicked him off the bus." penny stuck her foot out to kick august for being so rude.

"luke isn't that mean."

"uh, yeah he is." august chuckled lightly before drinking the last of his drink and standing up. penny hadn't even touched hers yet so she took it to go. "you should ring luke again, i could hear how angry he was yesterday." penny agreed and pulled her phone out.

penny; luke?

luke; yeah, im here

penny; could i ring you please?

luke; give me 5 minutes, im currently recording a song

penny; okay it's fine, tell me when you have some time

luke; i have time right now

penny; but you just said you were recording

luke; just ring me penny

penny pressed the call button and waited for him to answer. there was a few grunts, a slam of a door and a guitar playing in the background before luke finally spoke. "is everything okay?" he seemed genuinely worried and that made penny's heart warm, she decided to go outside away from august to speak. 

"yeah, i have a question though." luke hummed in response and waited for her to speak. "why is todd still in manchester, didn't you guys leave?" 

"yeah, we left." luke took a seat on a chair he found outside the recording studio. he didn't want to lie to penny anymore. "we all took a vote and decided having todd on tour with us wasn't the best idea." they were both staying calm, for once. 

"so you just left the boy alone?" penny took a seat outside as the two spoke, she could see august through the window looking at her. 

"yeah, he has an apartment there it's okay." luke reassured her, penny didn't really want to speak about that anymore. 

"hey, luke?" she was a little quieter now as she felt a embarrassed.

"yeah, penny?" he mocked in her voice jokingly, the two shared a laugh for the first time in a while.

"i'm sorry, we were literally away for like a day and i already shouted at you." penny was apologizing to her boyfriend for the first time in the relationship, it felt good.

"no penny, you shouldn't apologize since i was the only one in the wrong." she furrowed her eyebrows in confusion, luke had already said he didn't do anything wrong but now he was turning on himself. "todd did give me your number but it wasn't because i asked for it." 

"what are you telling me, luke?" penny stood from the chair as she spoke now, she was more confused than ever and august was on his way out to find out why.

"todd gave me your number because he wanted you, not me." luke whispered slightly, he was ashamed of what he'd done. 

"did you just tell me you never wanted to text me?" penny's voice cracked a little. she was getting hurt, again.

"no, that's not what i'm saying. when i first texted you i didn't intend to have an interest you, i was only supposed to invite you on tour. from then on you were supposed to meet with todd, that was the plan." luke was rambling, he didn't know what to say.

"but the plans changed, why?" penny had a dull voice on, she didn't want to speak or shout since her headache was coming back already.

"remember when you first hugged me?" penny said a quick 'yes' so luke would carry on. "you looked so fragile, i just wanted to hold you forever." 

"luke, you're being cheesy." penny tried to lighten the mood a little. 

"todd was a huge dick from the moment i met him, i was definitely not going to let you share a hotel room with him. that's why you stayed with us." luke prepared for penny to shout at him since they shared a bed whilst luke still had false intentions. 

"what changed your mind, luke? what made you not want to give me up to todd?" august was stood by her as she leaned on the wall of the coffee shop. the sun was blocked from her view now which caused her headache to die down a little. 

"honestly, i don't know. i just did." as luke spoke, the door of the recording room opened and calum walked out. "penny, i've got to go. i'll text you soon, okay?" 

"yeah, okay luke." penny didn't sound up for it but luke couldn't stay on the phone whilst calum was listening.

"bye, penny. stay safe." luke hung the phone up before walking towards calum, he raised an eyebrow.

"penny, eh?" calum questioned and luke just shrugged. "did you tell her?" 

"yes, i did, now could you just drop it calum?" luke snapped as his pushed past his friend and back into the recording room. the music stopped as ashton and michael noticed him.

"everything okay?" ashton seemed concerned for his friend. luke had never been in a real relationship so handling one would probably be difficult for him and ashton knew this. 

"yeah, can we just rehearse?" luke grabbed his guitar and began to strum, the others joined in once they were ready. 

leave ya thoughts and im so sorry this is crappy!