Xavier

I turn around bumping into Zaria. I stare down at her but she looks away. "Can I get a picture of you two?" Zaria's mom says. I see Zaria shaking her head but her mom refuses to take no as an answer. "Please," she says. We both awkwardly stand there. I look down at Zaria and she looks uncomfortable. My mom comes along wanting a picture as well. Zaria does cross eyes. "No...another one you're eyes were crossed," my mom says to her. Zaria breaks out laughing and I stare down at her and my mom snaps a picture. I look up at her annoyed. "Hey, Zaria congratulation," Samir says walking up. "Thank you," Zaria smiles. What does she even see in him. I walk away annoyed by his presences for some reason.

He hasn't done anything wrong it just the fact that he'll be marrying her. I can't stand the thought of her being with another guy. It hurts to know she'll never be mine. Arisha comes up to me. "One picture for old times sake," she says. I shrug taking a picture with her. "Ya cute," Fred says. "Funny," I say with a smirk. "We out this b***h!" Dylan yells. "Dylan shut up," Michelle says. He sticks out his middle finger. "We got to talk," Gavin says walking up to us. "Party time!" Antonio yells. Everyone heads out.

"Talk about what?" I question. Gavin glances at me. "Talk about Zaria," he says as we get to my car. "There's nothing to talk about," I tell him starting up my car. "Ever since you found out she's getting married you got angry with her," he says. I look over at him "she didn't want to tell me," I simply say. "Yeah, but the man she is marrying so different from her, they don't even have a spark like you two have," he says. I look forward and start driving.

"So you're not going to say anything to her?" He questions. "What's there to say... she's engaged?" I question getting a tighter grip of the wheel. "Tell her how you feel," he says. I glance over at him "she should know," I smirk. "What if she doesn't?" He questions. "I don't care... can we stop talking about this," I says. "Of course you care you are in love with her," he mumbles looking out the window. I didn't respond because I know he was right.

We got to the party and it felt like it was suppose to be the best time but I felt like I was missing something. My phone lits up. I glance at it. Migrab time. Oh I must have forgotten to tell you. I decide to convert because after doing research on Islam, I really liked it. I go into an empty room and make wudu. I start praying. I hear the door as I was sitting down in sujood about to finish my prayer. After finishing I look up to see Zaria at the door. I didn't know she was going to come.

"Excuse me," she mumbles. I felt my heart beating loudly and I stand there frozen staring at her. "I need to pray," she mumbles. I finally get myself to move . She stands there praying. I know I should leave because it's weird to watch her pray, but I couldn't force myself to move. She finishes and looks up at me confused. I finally get myself to walk out.

I regret not being able to talk to her but it's hard because she'll never be mine and that hurts me too much. I never felt this way towards anyone, not even my ex-girlfriends. This is all so weird to me but I feel like I need her. Yes, I admit... not that it's not obvious but I'm in love with Zaria Salim.

I walk out and everyone was drinking going crazy since it's their last time seeing each other possibly. Maybe I'll never see Zaria again and may be able to get over her, I don't know how that is possible but in time everything is possible. (Inshallah).

Gavin walks up to me. "Hey," I say. "Let's go to the bonfire, I'm not going to get arrested because these idiots want to get crazy," he says. I nod and we head the car.

We get there and few people were there. We'll the normal people not crazy, drinking partying ones. We sit down and I look around to see Carmen and Zaria. I look over at Gavin who was acting like he had no idea she was going to be there. "Hey Carmen... hey Z," Gavin waves at them. "Hey," Carmen says with a smile. So they planned this out. Zaria stares into the fire. It reminded me back of the bonfire at her house.