Xavier

I know I should just forgive Zaria for what she said. Maybe I am being a baby. I take a deep breath and head back home. I walk into the the bedroom and see her putting back the Kitab. She turns around and looks at me. As she is about to walk off I grab her wrist turning her around to face me. "I'm sorry about yesterday," I tell her. She just nods. I stare at her in disbelief what she isn't going to man up and apologize. I stare her down "you're not going to apologize for what you said?" I question her. She rolls her eyes "I'm sorry... for God knows what," she mumbles the last part hoping I didn't hear her. I let go of her wrist "to stubborn to actually apologize for your mistakes," I tell her. She just stares at me. I walk out slamming the door behind me.

I walk around basically pacing back in forth in the hall. I take a deep breath and head out. I rub my hands on my face out of frustration. I end up bumping to someone. "Excuse me," I say to the man. He was at least around my age or a bit older, but he was huge, by huge I mean buff. "My bad," he mumbles. I was about to walk pass him. "Do you live in this apartment?" He questions. I turn around to face him "yeah why?" I question. "Just looking for a good place to buy an apartment," he smirks. "It's a good apartment very friendly people," I tell him. He nods "I'm Marcus, by the way," he says sticking out his hand. "Xavier," I tell him shaking his hand. "Nice bumping into you," he says. I nod walking off.

I sit down at a bench in the park. I watch a mother counting with her eyes closed, while the father and the children run and hide. I smile imagining Zaria and I doing that. Maybe I'm the stubborn one and am just overreacting. I sigh whatever though, I want to hear her honestly apologize because she really hurt me. I get up and walk around the park a man was throwing frisbees with his dog and it reminded me of the time when Zaria and I were taking a walk and she got scared of the dog. I start laughing by myself. People look at me as if I am crazy. I clear my throat and continue walking around. I walk around for awhile and then head back home. I go up to our apartment. I get to the door and see Zaria's key on the ground along with her phone. I bend down and pick it up. I twist the doorknob and the door was unlocked. My heart starts beating out of control. I look around the apartment but she was nowhere to be seen.

I dial the police. They arrive quickly. "My wife is missing. I came home and her keys and phone was dropped in front of the door. And our door was unlocked," I tell them speaking quickly. "You have to fail a missing person report. We can't do anything until 24 hours" one of the officer says. "What the f**k are you talking about. She can be hurt!" I yell annoyed by his response. "We will look for her but..." he starts but I cut him off. "No buts... find my wife!" I yell at him balling up my fist in anger. "Sir, I need you to calm down," he mumbles. "F*** that sh**!" I shout. "Do your f***ing job and find her," I tell him. "We will start by question people in the apartment," he says. "Then do it!" I yell outraged.

"Be patient Sir we will find your wife," he says as they leave to question the neighbors. I sit there impatiently waiting. I tap my feet on the ground. The officers come back after an hour. I get up waiting for the news. "Most people didn't see your wife today... but we got one answer from Haliey Ross, she saw your wife speaking to man. She said he was huge, buff, looked young, with black hair, she thinks he had a red shirt on," he says looking down at his paper. "Black hair, buff, young," I mumble to myself staring at the ground. As if a lightbulb clicked "Marcus, but he was looking for an apartment," I say to the officer. "Do you know the last name?" He questions. I put my finger through my hair and shake my head. "We'll need you to come in the station so we can look at all the Marcus's in the city.

We didn't waste anytime. We head straight to the station. We look at all the Marcus's and may I say there was a lot.