Xavier

We hit the road to drop Zaria off at her parent's house before I go off to college. "Do you want me to come in?" I ask as we get to her house. She glances at me "If you want to," she says. "But do you want me to?" I ask just to hear her answer. "I don't care," she says opening her door. I take a deep breath and get off the car. Zaria knocks on the door. "Z," Jamal opens the door giving her a hug. "Salaam," she says hugging him back. "Salaam Xavier," he says shaking my hand. "Salaam," I mumble. He finally lets us in. We sit down in the livingroom. "The lovely couple," Amir says. "Salaam," Zaria says getting up to give her brother a hug. She is really close to her brothers. "Salaam habiba," her mom says hugging her. "Salaam habibi," she says to me with a smile. "Salaam alaykum," I mumble.

"Where's Ba?" Zaria asks. "He had to go to the office," Jamal says sitting down. "How are you guys?" Mrs.Salim. "Great, Alhamdulillah," I tell her. She smiles with a smile. "I'll be right back," she gets up and walks out. "So you going to college today?" Jamal asks. "Yeah... sadly," I mumble. Zaria glances at me then looks at Jamal. "Hasna and them are coming over tonight," Amir says. "Ok... for what?" Zaria asks. "God knows what," Jamal mumbles. "And Mina is coming too," Jamal rolls his eyes. "Leave her alone," Zaria says. "Ok, whatever, " he mumbles.

"Xavier, how do you deal with her?" Amir jokes. I just stare at them. Mrs.Salim comes back with food. We just ate before we left but I don't say anything neither does Zaria. "Thank you," I mumble. "How is your mom and sister," Mrs. Salim asks me. I look up at her. "They are doing great Alhamdulillah," I tell her. "How are you doing?" I decide to ask her. "Wonderful, Alhamdulillah," she smiles.

"I have to get going," I say getting up. "Ok, we'll just walk you out," Mrs. Salim says. They all follow me outside. "I'll call you when I get there," I tell Zaria. "Inshallah," she mumbles. I wave goodbye as I walk to the car. I turn around and wave before I get on the car. They all have smiles on their face as they wave back at me. I pull out the driveway and hit the road for college.

I didn't notice that I wouldn't be seeing Zaria for awhile. I already miss her. I should have asked for a hug just to see if she'll give it to me, but I was nervous with her family there. Luckily our schools are somewhat close and I rented an apartment so we can stay there, she can come there on Fridays and Monday-Thursday stay in the dorms for this year since she already paid for everything. That feels like forever though. Maybe I can visit her tomorrow after my last class.

I get to the apartment and put my stuff away. I sit on the bed and dial Zaria's number. "Oh, you're hubby is calling," I hear someone teasing, I'm guess it's Hasna since it sounded like a girl's voice and I doubt her mom would say that. "Shut up," Zaria says. "Salaam alaykum," then she says to me. "Wa alaykum asalaam," I reply. "I'm guessing you got there safely," she says. "Yeah... classes start tomorrow," I mumble. She laughs "that's sad."

"I wanted to visit you tomorrow," I tell her. "Why?" she asks. "I want to see you," I tell her lying back on the bed and taking off my shoes. "You just saw me," she says. "But I miss you already," I tell her. I can tell she was smiling. "Don't you miss me?" I ask her. "Not yet," she says. I sit up. "Do you even love me?" I question. "I don't know," she simply says. "You don't know if you love me?" I question. "I don't think two days is enough to love someone," she says. "We've know each other for a year," I remind her. "Yeah, but I didn't look at you like that, I just saw you as a friend... mainly a schoolmate," she says. I smile "wow, and I was going crazy over you," I admit.

"Zaria!" I hear someone call from her end. "She's talking to her hubby," I hear someone else say. "Shut up Hasna," Zaria says. I chuckle. "Now she's blushing," Hasna says. I smile. "Oh my God Hasna, shut up," Zaria says. "I have to go," she says. "No don't leave me," I tell her. She laughs "you are goofy," she says. "I love you that's why," I tell her.