Part 7: Teamwork (gone wrong) part 2

I just found this picture, and found it adorable XD.

We got to the hotel and it was slightly late, but I couldn't sleep so I decided to stay in the lobby. People were still bustling outside though enjoying the nightlife. No one else was there the clerk had fallen asleep in the back room, so I just laid on the couch in front of the fire reading The City Of Esteven over and over searching for some kind of clue. I heard the sound of footsteps coming down the stairs. I looked up to see Lyon.

"You should be trying to sleep. We have a job tomorrow." He said coldly.

I sighed. "I know, but I can't sleep."

He sat down in the armchair next to the couch. I sat up, and set the book aside.

"So what's bothering you?" He asked seeming annoyed that he had to deal with my problems. He obviously had an issue with my issues.

I scoffed and rolled my eyes. "Nothing, and even if there was something bothering me I wouldn't tell you when you give me that attitude." I got up and started making my way to the stairs.

"Ha so childish." He said smugly.

I stopped walking and turned around. "Stop saying that!" I snapped not meaning to raise my voice.

"Saying what?" He asked with a smirk.

"That I'm childish. I am not." I replied.

"You're just proving my point when you say things like that." He stood up.

"You don't even know me." I glared at him.

"Oh like you know me?" He chuckled sarcastically.

"I know that your an insensitive little prick, that cares more about himself than most others!" I replied completely loosing my temper. "I know that I hate you!"

"Oh yeah well you're just a stupid little girl!" He yelled. "Just a crybaby! You want to complain about all your petty little problems? go do it with someone who actually cares! Don't think I'll ever comfort you again when you need it, because I hate you to!"

I was slightly taken aback by what he said, and I was having a hard time holding in any more emotions. I turned around and started walking out the door. I bumped into someone, and he stopped me.

"Hey (y/n) are you ok?" I heard Gray's voice, but I didn't look up.

I felt tears welling up in my eyes, and I didn't want to let either of them see. "I'm going on a walk." I said a little more harshly than I intended. I roughly pushed past him, and walked out the door.

/Gray's p.o.v. (Woo something different)/

(Y/n) pushed past me and walked out the door seeming upset. I turned back around to see Lyon standing there. He flopped down into the chair with a huff, but then hung his head in his hands.

"What just happened?" I asked.

"I said something stupid again." Lyon replied simply.

"Ah yeah well what did you say?" I asked defensively.

"It doesn't matter, I just shouldn't have said it." Lyon replied sitting back. "She just makes me so... So aggravated, and I don't even know why! It doesn't matter she hates me anyway."

I sat down across from him and sighed. "Well I don't understand it either. You two never get along, but it doesn't mean she hates you."

"She just said she did." He replied.

"And how did you respond?" I asked.

"I lost my temper, and said some pretty harsh things, but she did too so I was just angry, and I told her I hated her to." He responded.