Part 27: When you lose a loved one...

The beginning of this is a bunch of flashbacks just so you know. When it says flash that means it switched to another memory. Ok anyway into the story. Also idk if you guys will feel the same but writing this chapter hit me hard with the feels, so prepare.

"Without you... All I ever am... Is empty..."

/your p.o.v./

Flash

"(Y/n), did you eat all of your breakfast?" The kind, sweet, and familiar voice asked.

"Yes mama! It was very good thank you so much for cooking it for me." I smiled brightly up at her tall thin frame.

"Your welcome, my little girl." She then walked over to the food cupboard. "Hm... We're running out of some supplies. I may need to go into town today."

"Oow can I go with you?! Please mama, I wanna go." I hopped out of my chair anxiously. Our house was kind of far away from practically anything, besides our one set of neighbors, so going into town was a real treat.

"And leave your father here all alone with Joseph? I don't know if those two could function without us powerful woman around to tell them how to do things right." My mother smiled jokingly with a small wink. "Are you sure you should leave him here?"

"He can do it for one day." I replied grabbing her soft and warm hand. "Please mommy I wanna spend today with you."

Her smile turned from teasing to loving, and she kneeled to my level petting the top of my head gently. "Than of course you can come along."

Flash

It was after my first day of school and I was finally calming down after all the new things I had experienced earlier that day. I fixed the hat on my head so that I couldn't feel the wet snow falling into my head. It was almost always snowing where we lived. There were only a few months of nice weather that we often had for summer. It was enough time to grow and harvest crops, but then very soon after the weather would get cold once again.

I buttoned the top button of my coat and when I looked up I saw my mother waiting for me. "Mama!" I giggled running to her.

"Hello my little girl!" She caught me, wrapping her arm around me and giving me a kiss in the side of my cheek. "I missed you so much at home today." She then stood and took my hand in her's as we walked. "Did you have fun?"

"Yes I met a lot of  people, my teacher's really nice, and she taught me more about how the read and write." I rambled on. "Oh but don't worry mama you'll always be my favoritest- oops I mean, favorite teacher."

She laughed. "You are such a perfect little daughter."

I broke out in giggles as she scooped me up and swung me around a bit in her arms.

Flash

"Joseph, where is mama and father?" I asked my mothers childhood friend who say across from me at the dinner table. He had prepared dinner for me tonight. Of course it was never as good as my mother's, but he always tried so I appreciated it.

"Your father had an important dinner for his work, and your mother just so happened to be invited to, so I'll be watching you tonight kiddo." He replied.

"Oh... Well ok." Joseph was always a very kind person. He was I guess somewhat of an uncle to me. Although sometimes he wasn't a great person to have a conversation with. Well for a six year old that is. "Joseph?"

"Yes?" He asked after swallowing his food.

"The people at school think it's strange that you live here with us. They say that it's supposed to be the mom and the dad and then the kids living all in a house together as one big happy family, and that anyone else being there is just... not right." I explained with a frown. "But... I told them that's not true. Because you are a part of the big happy family. Without you here it would just be... well... not right. Right?"