Part 23: loss...

Hey, see I told you I'd update soon. Anyway the picture is Jackson I didn't draw it nor do I know who did, but this is how I envision him so there ya go!

Warning: prepare for feels.

/your p.o.v./

Jackson brought me to a small base in the middle of the woods. There wasn't much there besides a jail cell, one room that served as both the kitchen and living area, and a bathroom. I was placed in the jail where I was watching him sit at the table, playing cards by himself. He told me we had to wait until his boss got there.

He pulled out a cigarette, put it between his lips before lighting it, and breathing out a cloud of the grey smoke.

"That's a filthy habit you know." I told him, still not breaking my ice-cold glare.

He chuckled breathing out yet another cloud. "Yeah well." He tapped it on the edge of an ash tray to get rid of the excess ash. "I don't do it too often. Please don't look at me like that, I am actually a nice guy you know."

We then went back to sitting in silence for a while.

"I have a wife." He suddenly spoke.

"Huh?" I asked in confusion, and slight shock.

"Yep I have a wife, and a little three year old daughter." He continued. "After I got into trouble, and started working for my boss, my wife left. She told me to sort out my life, and then I could come back. I haven't seen my daughter for two years, she probably doesn't even remember me." He paused and puffed more smoke. "My boss told me that if I didn't follow his orders, he'd find a way to hurt them... That's why I did what I did... There's no excuse to justify what I did to you. I'm sorry (y/n) I never really wanted to hurt you. You really are an amazing person, better than I'll ever be."

"Oh..." Was all I could manage.

"Jackson!" We heard a voice call from outside.

He sighed his shoulders drooping slightly as he got up. He snuffed out the remaining cigarette in the ash tray and then walked over to open the door.

"Did you bring her?" The voice asked.

"Yeah I brought her." Jackson mumbled.

"Great bring her out here." I could almost hear the snarl in the other man's voice.

Jackson walked over to the cell, and unlocked the door. He came over and picked me up gently seeing as though my whole body was tightly bound. "Alright come on." There was a flash of some emotion in his golden eyes. But what was it? What is going on in his head?

I was brought outside again and placed on the ground to be met by the other man. "Well well well if it isn't the girl who seems to be impossible to kill." He chuckled.

"Who are you? What do you even want from me?" I asked him.

"I want you to follow your godamn Destiny!" He barked at me. "The leader of Ekklesia who tried to kill you back in Esteven, he was my brother. You made him look like a fool, and you made us lose what we had spent years fighting for! So now I want you to die like you should have back then. Jackson?"

"But father I-" Jackson said seeming almost desperate.

He's Jackson's father?!

"Do not defy my orders! You know what is at stake here boy! You were the one who gave the opportunity for her to escape last time, you are walking on thin ice!" The man yelled at him.