Part 13: Strange New World

The picture is Kaya! I used the same app as I did to make Nazar. I hope she turned out ok...

After we had the very happy reunion between our client and his son, and got our reward, all us members of Fairy Tail went to the local inn. The girls were all sharing a large room, and after what seemed like endless gossip and fun we had all finally settled into bed. I closed my eyes getting lost into my dreams.

I woke up a little while latter, and was at the now destroyed entrance of Esteven.

"What the hell?" I asked in panic "how did I get here?" I squinted as a bright blue light shone behind me.

I turned, and when my eyes adjusted I saw many figures of people standing there. Except they weren't quite tangible. They all had a blue glow to them, and floated a few centimetres above the ground.

I cowered slightly. Are these g-ghosts?

"Don't be afraid." One of them told me. The voice seemed so familiar. It was the voice that had led me to the city originally. For some reason it made me feel calmer.

"You guys... Are the villagers?" I stated, in more of a question than a statement.

They nodded their heads yes. A man among them moved to the front. His head was covered in a hood so I could not see his face. He was the owner of the voice. "Yes child, we wanted to thank you for once again making sure the power of our city never falls into the wrong hands."

"But why me? I asked. "Why did you lead me to the city?"

"Because you're the only one I could trust." He said taking off his hood.

My eyes widened in shock, and I could barely speak. "F-father?"

"Actually I'm you great grand father, but the family resemblance is amazing." He smiled gently at me.

I couldn't help but feel warm tears form in my eyes. He is smiling at me. Smiling my father's smile... One I thought I'd never see again.

He walked over to me and kneeled down. He wiped away a stray tear that had run down my face. "I'm so proud of what you've become." He said warmly. "And I know your father is too."

I couldn't bring myself to speak, so I just wrapped my arms around him, embracing him tight. He started to fade away as well as the others.

One of the women smiled down at me. She looked familiar. "Take care of Kaya for me, and tell her her mommy will always love her."

"I will." I promised, and then they all faded away into the sky.

I woke up in my hotel bed with a start. The light lacrima turned on, and the other girls woke up.

"(Y/n), are you ok?" Erza asked me. "You were whimpering in your sleep."

It took me a second to catch my breath, and take in my surroundings. Then I smiled. "I'm fine." I replied truthfully, and went to wipe away the tear.

-&-

The next morning me levy and Lucy were gathering our things from the room.

Lyon came into the doorway. "Hurry up, we're leaving." He said coldly.

"Ok geez we're almost done, cool down there jack." I said teasingly.