Part 17: Not Your Fight

I wish I knew who drew this picture, because I want to hug them! It's so freaking amazing! Anyway enjoy the chapter.

We had gotten back to the guild hall, and just had a normal day. Well whatever fairy tail calls normal. As it started getting later and later slowly the members started to leave, till I was practically the only one there. I yawned feeling my eyes droop slightly.

"You should sleep you know." I heard a voice.

"Oh... Hey Lyon I didn't know you were still here." I muttered. "I-I really don't want to sleep."

"Because of the nightmares?" He asked. He then sat down across from me. "They're about your past aren't they?"

"Yeah, how'd you know?" I tilted my head slightly.

"Lucky guess." He replied. "But you can't stop sleeping forever, it's not healthy."

"I know, but the memories just keep playing through in my head, like a movie." I frowned.

"Well maybe if you finished it they would stop." He suggested. "Have you ever tried that?"

"No..." I replied thinking about it. "But I'm scared. Stay with me?"

He smiled at me. "Yeah sure."

"Do you promise?" I asked.

"Yeah I promise." He replied.

The familiarity of the conversation pierced me in the heart slightly, but then I sighed and leaned back in my seat.

Lyon put a comforting arm around me, and I closed my eyes. Due to my tiredness I quickly drifted off.

I sat in the cell across from Lilah. Me and her were two of the few left of our original group. I was greatfull that she was still with me, otherwise I don't think I could make it through even a single day. We had been in this place for years, how many, I've lost count, but I do know we were staring to age into young teens. I still can't believe my life is destined to forever be in this hell, never to see the light again. What kind of a screwed up destiny is that. One I don't want to follow. What scared me more is they had brought in a new group of children, just as young as we once were. We tried to comfort them, and give them some sort of hope, but that was hard to do in a place like this. Plus without being shown any compassion for a while, our people skills were a little rusty. I was sick of this place. I was sick of pain. I was sick of watching the suffering of others. I was sick of never being called a name, but just my identification number,167. I was sick of following someone's so called destiny for me. I was done with that. Screw destiny. So now I have a plan.

"(Y/n) that's insane." Lilah whispered to me.

"What is? Do you really want to spend the rest of your life here?" I asked. "we need to break out. If we all work together we can do it."

"If we fail the consequences-" I cut her off.

"Will be nothing worse than what we've already been through." I sighed. "What about these kids, do you really want them to go through what we did. We can save them Lilah."

"Ok you're right." She sighed. "We'll do it tonight. When some of the guards are gone."

"Alright it's a plan." I nodded.

-&-

That night was disastrous. I had gotten separated from my group. The prisoners fought bravely against the evil men that made them suffer. We had lost many, I prayed that Lilah and the others were safe. Right now I was trying to run toward an exit. I could see the starting to rise sunlight. I was tired, so tiered, and hurt. The men were relentless. My leg felt like I could hardly walk on it. A familiar figure jumped in front of me. Using his magic on my good leg. I was sent crashing to the ground, with a cry of pain. I tried to get up but failed. My legs hurt too badly. I laid there crying as I realized. There's no hope. I failed. I'll always be trapped here.