Spies

Ezra's POV

I slowly opened my eyes. I was on the Ghost, lying on Zeb's bunk. I could tell that it was his because it smelled.

I had bandages wrapped around my chest. I sat up and stretched, halting in surprise. My wings were out in the open. The base of my right wing was also wrapped in bandages.

I stood up and made my way to the lounge. The rest of the crew was already there. I didn't bother hiding my wings before hand, because they already knew about them.

"You're awake," Hera said. "How do you feel?"

"Ok I guess," I replied.

"Why did you never tell us about your wings?" Sabine asked. I shrugged. To be honest, I still didn't know why.

"When did you get wings?" Zeb asked.

"He's a Diathim," Kanan said. "A humanoid from one of the moons of Lego."

"So you're not even human?" Sabine asked.

"I'm mostly human," I told them. "At least three-fourths. I think it was my grandma or something. My uncle was a pilot who she fell in love with."

"Can you actually fly?" Sabine asked.

"Yeah," I replied. "Where are we?"

"We're over Lothal at the moment," Hera explained. "We had to get away from the Inquisitor and his squad of troopers. We were waiting for you to wake up before we began our next mission."

"What is it?" I asked.

"We were going to do a supply run for Vizago," she said.

"We should probably get going then," I told them. "Vizago won't be happy if we're late."

"Are you well enough to do a supply run?" Kanan asked.

"My wings have always healed really fast," I explained. "I'll be completely healed by tonight."

"If you're sure . . ." Hera said. I nodded and the crew went back to work.

We had a supply run to do.

Vizago's POV

I saw the rebels' ship, the Ghost, land a short distance from my smuggling base. They were late of course. They probably thought I had nothing better to do with my time. I motioned for two security droids to follow me and set off towards their ship.

I reached their ship before too long and was just about to come into view when I heard something that made this worth the wait.

"So can you do anything besides fly?" the girl, Sabine, asked.

"Well, I'm pretty good with the force," the kid, Ezra, replied. I slowly looked around the rock, careful to stay out of view. Sabine and Ezra were exiting the ship, talking together. The kid had two black wings growing out of his back. Actual wings! One of them was wrapped partially in bandages, but the kid didn't seem to mind.

"Ezra, put on your jacket," the man, Kanan, called. He stepped out of the ship and threw a jacket to Ezra, who caught it.

"We're not even close to Vizago's camp!" Ezra complained. You got that right kid, I thought grumpily. "And I haven't had my wings out under the sun in forever!"

"You never know where the Empire might be lurking," Kanan warned. "They could have spies anywhere."

"And I'm pretty sure that if they knew you were a Diathim, they wouldn't use the information for anything good," the Lasat, Zeb, piped up as he came out of the ship. Ezra grudgingly folded his wings and put on the jacket. The jacket made it so that you couldn't even tell the wings were there.

So Ezra had wings and was something called a Diathim? And the Empire wanted to know that? I was sure that they would pay handsomely for this little gem of information. And perhaps the boy to go with it. I led my security droids back to my ship. I had an appointment with the Empire. After I sent the rebels on their way, that is.