Raid

Kanan's POV

The communicator went off almost as soon as we entered the Ghost. We had reattached the Phantom and were about to set off in search of Vizago and his ship.

"Kanan, Hera," Sabine's voice said softly. "This is Sabine. Zeb is with me. We're on board Vizago's ship. Trace this signal to find us. Please hurry."

"They came through for us!" Hera said. I nodded and began tracing the signal, just as Sabine had suggested. The signal was very faint, making it difficult to pinpoint its exact location. From what I could tell, it was somewhere just above the atmosphere of Lothal. I wondered for a moment why he didn't take them directly to the Empire, but then I figured he hadn't set a specific exchange location.

The signal winked out barely a minute after we found his coordinates. Luckily, we were already on our way. We went to the coordinates, but it took a good hour of flying around before we even managed to locate the ship. Since he was a smuggler, he had all sorts of screening equipment that made out task more difficult.

We finally spotted it drifting in the darkness of space. We steered the Ghost closer.

"What's the plan?" Hera asked.

"We board his ship, get the others, and leave," I said.

"You really thought that one through," Hera joked.

"The sooner we get on board, the better."

The Ghost attached to Vizago's ship and Hera and I boarded it, leaving Chopper behind to watch the Ghost. Two security droids rushed forward to intercept us. I extended a hand and they collapsed inward, rendering them completely useless. We stepped over the crumbled metal and deeper into the ship.

"The holding cells must be that way," Hera said, pointing down the hall to out left. I could see a few feathers scattered on the ground leading in that direction. I led the way, following the trail.

We finally reached what looked like a holding cell. Hera had been right. But the holding cell was empty. No sign of the rebels anywhere. We searched the area. On the ground near the cell was a crushed communicator. I recognized it as Ezra's. It was destroyed beyond repair, but I kept it anyway. By the wall on the far side of the room were small bits of metal and bolts, along with more blood and black feathers. Ezra had been here.

"They must have already been handed over to the Empire," Hera said softly.

"So, you broke into my ship and disabled several of my security droids, only to find that what you're looking for isn't," Vizago said from behind us. Hera and I turned around, weapons held ready.

"Where are they?" I demanded.

"Who?" Vizago asked unconvincingly.

"Where is my crew?" I said again.

"Not on my ship," Vizago said.

"We know that you're lying," Hera told him. "You captured them and are planning to turn them over to the Empire."

"They never reached me with the-" Vizago protested, but I activated my lightsaber and held it to his throat. I held up one of Ezra's feathers in front of Vizago's face.

"Don't lie to a Jedi," I growled. Vizago looked nervous. I could barely contain my rage. "I'll give you one more chance. Where. Is. My padawan?"

"You're better off without him," Vizago gasped. "I sold them all to the empire for credits. It'll be impossible to find them. Besides, he's bound to be dead by now."

"Where did you drop them off?" I asked.

"The imperial shipping yard," he said. "Bay 12."

I deactivated my lightsaber and shoved Vizago aside. His security droids both raised their blasters, but I used the force to crush them. Vizago stood up and smirked as we walked past. Seeing that smirk on his face was what finally made me snap. I spun back around and punched him in the face. He fell back to the ground as Hera grabbed my arm. I walked past Vizago and back onto the Ghost. Hera was close behind.

"I've never seen you that mad before," Hera said.

"Rule number one of knowing a Jedi," I quoted, "NEVER mess with their padawan." (Thanks to Chichi05lp for that awesome quote)

We detached and headed back to Lothal's surface.

I wasn't giving up that easily.