Chapter 4: When Things Begin to Change

***picture of Daymien****

Damien's P.O.V.

I woke up this morning in an amazing mood. I got dressed and brushed my teeth and went into the kitchen to get something to eat. Mornings are the worse time of day so I try and get through them as quick as possible.

"You got a girlfriend butthead?," my 14-year-old sister, Destany, said.

"No ugly, I don't. Good morning to you, too."

"Be nice you two, but she does have a point. I can tell you actually put effort into getting dressed. It took you a whole 20 minutes that's a new record," my mom said as she walked in and kissed me on the cheek.  

I grumbled, "Goodbye everyone. I'm going to school before anyone else tries to pry into my life."

I turned away from them smiling. No, I did not have a girlfriend but I would soon. The minute I saw her I knew that she was meant for me but I could tell she didn't know yet. I tried my best to make it look like it wasn't bugging me but that obviously didn't work.

I went outside and began the short walk to school. My dad had us move a few blocks away from school so I wouldn't have to come home super late after practice. He only mentioned safety to make my mom feel better about moving, but in all honesty, he doesn't care. He never really cared about how I felt about things all he cared about was that I got an extra run in after practice. I didn't completely mind because it allowed me to wake up late and still get there on time.

When I arrived at the front of the school I looked up to admire the thorny garden ahead of me. I always enjoy the mischievous madness that it emitted from each throne. Finally, coming out of my daze I saw my best friend, Tommy.

"Aye, Tommy wassup."

Tommy and I have been best friends since we could walk. We met in a small daycare and enjoyed beating the crap out of each other. the teachers thought we hated each other but in reality, we just liked the competition. Our mothers forced us to spend a whole day together without fighting and we found out that we actually had a lot in common.

I was surprised to see him at school early because he's more of a 'this is the second period? I thought it was first' type of guy.

"Hey, man, what's up with you? You actually got dressed," he said laughing.

"Shut up. All I did was put clothes on, it's no big deal. Why are you awake?," I groaned just as she walked by.

He smirked, "I heard there was a new girl and she's fine as hell!"

I could slowly feel a growl growing in my chest as he made more comments about Jay's beautiful body but they completely stopped when we heard her sweet voice.

"Hey Daymien," she said when she saw me.

"Hey Jay, what are you doing here so early?"

"I was getting informed about all the in school and out of school event," she said looking like she just remembered something.

I laughed, "Let me guess. Jenny was your informant?"

"Yup, that girl can TALK. I'll see you later, though, I'm late for volleyball practice," she said and walked away.

After she walked away I wanted to bring her back to talk more but that would just be pathetic. It was her second day, there was no way she would be able to know what's going on between us. I wanted to pull her into my arms and have her stay there for eternity. I felt my feet start to guide me in her direction but I decided it would be safer to shoot hoops on this side of campus instead.