Chapter 19: Thorns Part 2

Daymien's POV

I sat there with Jay hoping she wouldn't ask anything too bad. I never wanted to have to explain to her the horrible things I'm capable of.

"So let's start with why the rose did that," she said with curious eyes.

"Well as you know we are all connected to something in nature. Because you're a Rose so you have dominion over all flowers.

"Since you rule over them they will want to protect you. Like animals they can send danger and things like that. They absorb you powers to grow faster and attack the danger.

"Also you can command them to do certain things," I said

"What do you control?"

Here we go. This is where everything will start to go down hill.

"Just about anything in nature that's dangerous. Thorns are just my strong suit. I'm basically a walking bomb."

"How do you control it?"

"I just learned to three years ago. Before that, I had to go to a special school filled with thorns. The school was made out of concrete so that we could use anything to hurt each other.

"Whenever I had an episode I would end up at Tommy's house and that's how we found he was my parabati," I said hoping to will forget she's supposed to be questioning me.

"What exactly do you do?"

"No."

"What now!"

"I'm nit going to..."

"Show me I know," she said cutting me off. "I just want you to tell me."

I knew I promised to explain this to her but I couldn't. Why would I want to explain to my girlfriend exactly how I'm a monster? I knew she wouldn't let me off so I tried something new.

"If I explain how bad it is will you let this go?"

"Yes."

"Think of the most dangerous thing in the world, the strongest weapon, your scariest nightmare, which I can give by the way, then put them all together. Once you do that multiply it by your power what do you get: a thorn," I said in a fake cheery voice.

"Are you more dangerous than me?"

This question got me thinking. Roses and thorns are equal in power but it all depends on how you control your power.

Jay is the most powerful Rose and I'm the third strongest thorn from this century. I think we might be the same strength.

"It depends on the thorn but yes we are. I think that one of the reasons we hate each other. I......" There was a loud bang from downstairs.

"What the hell was that?" She asked sounding scared.

"I don't know. Stay here I'm going to check it out," I kissed her and walk out of the room.

I went downstairs and see what was going on. I heard I high-pitched scream in the kitchen and ran to find it.

"What the....."~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Sorry for the short chapter I hope you enjoy. This hasn't been edited yet either.

-💙Chey