Chapter 5: What the Hell Did You Just Say? (Part 2)

I sat there staring at Mr. C for what felt like an eternity. I was too afraid to open my mouth because I had no clue what would come out if I did.

"I can sense your uncertainty, so please, let it all out now, it'll make coming to terms with things, later on, easier," Mr. C said.

This was the moment where I completely lost my cool, "What the hell do you mean 'come to terms with things'? You want me to come to terms with the fact that I'm a freakin' FLOWER with special powers!? No, you're lying, none of this exists! I'm not some crazed magical being! There is no such thing as special powers! Even if I did have these powers, they obviously don't want me to know!"

"Actually, I can help you with that. You have a, how could I put this, block on your powers that only I can take off," he said looking a little awkward.

I sat there and thought about this. I mean none of this could ever be possible, right? Plus, how could it be blocked out if it was? And on top of all that, how the hell could he bring it back? Then, suddenly, a voice in my head whispered, 'try it, you'll be surprised'. My eyes bugged out and I screamed for the second time today but when I looked at Mr. C he wasn't in pain.

"Get out of my head!" I yelled at him giving him a death glare.

"I would never try to scare you like that when you're deciding if you want this or not. By the way, that glare doesn't work on me, since we are connected and all, anyone else would probably feel like their soul is being tied into knots or whatever else you want to do to them," he said in his smug tone.

Now I was even more scared than before. Other people can reach my head, great! As scary as all of this was the drive to find out was getting stronger. Finding out wouldn't kill me, right?

"Fine. You can do your little 'magic' thing and if it works I'll believe you."

"Alright, well here's the catch. There are only certain ways to get contact to your powers. Röse's are....sensual. Just so this doesn't get awkward, do you have any, I don't know, special objects or tattoos?"

"Um well I have my necklace, I've had it since I was born," I pointed to my rose necklace.

He gasped, "Yes, yes, that's perfect. Touch my tattoos. "

We both reached and touched the things. I closed my eyes because as soon as he did, I felt like I was spinning. Everything was dark and all I could hear was the sound of his voice changing weird hymns. The spinning became faster and faster till I felt like I was flying. I felt overwhelmed with the sense of light, power, strength and the thing that scared me most monstrosity. I screamed and the feeling I was getting and felt Mr. C screaming too. The spinning slowed, I felt a gentle realm of protection flow over me. My breathing calmed and so did my heart rate as my feet landed on the floor. My eyes opened and we were back in the classroom. Our bodies were surrounded by light strings that can only be described as energy.

I felt like an entirely new person. All my senses were enhanced by the power that surrounded me. I could hear the birds chirping outside even though I was in the middle of a two-story brick building. I looked down at myself and saw I had swirled tattoos all over my body that were glowing, then I realized that my clothes were missing. The weird part was I didn't mind at all. I looked at Mr. C and he was named too although I kept my eyes at chest level. His tattoos were glowing too.

"Jay I....I...I think you're the most powerful people I've ever met. You have every power I know of and more. I'm honored to be your teacher. You're excused from all your classes for the rest of the day I need to teach you how to control them before anything bad happens. We need to go to the forest right now. The other voice you heard in your head was your wolf. Yes, you're a werewolf and vampire. That almost never happens. I've heard of Röses being able to shapeshift but never everything in the book. Your wolf wants to meet you, though she yelled at my cat, so we need to go on a run ASAP. But I will give you thirty minutes to think on this and grab you some clothes for the run. It's lunch time, you can see your friends. Here are clothes that you can wear," He handed me the clothes and I ran out of the classroom.

I ran and ran and ran till I reached my willow tree and all my friends were sitting and waiting. They all looked at me in awe. I could feel their power flowing off of them so I'm guessing they could feel mine. Everything was brand new.

"Oh, my God, Jay you look so.....shit I don't even have a word for that!" Kambrea said.

"Thanks, Kambe. I can't believe any of this is happening," I said with a proud smile on my face.

"It's happening, sister. Welcome to our world!" Monica said, giving me a huge hug, then jumping back.

"What's wrong? Did I hurt you? I'm so sorry!" I exclaimed.

"No honey, it's not your fault, I'm a Mindness I mostly get visions and I have telepathy and can transport places with my mind, but only in a sleep-like state. With all the power radiating off of your body, it made my powers extra strong.The bolt of power made me hear a bunch of voices at once, which can be a bit painful when that happens. I was hit with a bunch of visions at once."

"Oh, I guess I won't touch anybody for a little while. I wouldn't......"

I wanted to finish that sentence, trust me I did. I mean how rude is that to stop mid-apology. The reason I stop was Daymien. He was radiating darkness and like all at the same time but I got pulled into it. Once we locked eyes I couldn't look away I couldn't speak, and I NEEDED to touch him. All of a sudden, I was right in front of him and the world around us went dark. It was just the two of us spinning and looking into each other's eyes. Next thing I knew I was kissing him and to my surprise he kissed me back.

The kiss started off soft and gentle then it got needy and vicious. I bit his lip and his tongue slid into my mouth and inched through every part of my mouth as I did his. I ran my hands through his dreads while his hands stayed on my lower back making small movement touching the slim line of skin that sent electricity shoots through my body up to my heart. Then I felt hands all over me pulling me away from him. I turned around and hit at a person and thorns snaked out of my hands and went across their body.

"JAY CALM DOWN! STOP! YOU WILL KILL HER IF YOU DON'T STOP!" I heard someone's voice yell.

Then I felt a calm settle over me. When my vision cleared Mr. C was in front of me with worry in his eyes.

"Are you okay?" He asked

"Yeah what happened? I remember seeing Daymien then, I'm not sure," I said feeling like I ran into a mountain.

The images came back and I cried. I can't believe I hurt Claire! What the hell came over me? I haven't done anything this bad since my father left.

"It's okay. She knows it's not your fault. She's not dead," Mr. C said. "You can help her. Think of what you want to do to her honestly. Think of all the good things you can and it'll heal her. "

I was still shaking but I reached my hand down and started thinking about how good of a friend she's been. Next thing I knew her hand was grasping mine.

"I'm ok I completely understand what happened, okay. I promise, so stop eating yourself up inside about it. I love you, too," she said giving me a genuine smile.

I was so relieved I reached out and hugged her careful not to hurt her anymore. Once I saw she was okay I ran. At some point, I shifted into my wolf form and ran into the forest as far as I could.