Chapter 5: What the Hell Did You Just Say?

~picture of Mr. C~

When I walked into Mr. C's classroom, he was sitting at his desk waiting for me with a chair sitting in front  of him.

"I can't believe this is happening. Look uh......this will sound crazy but first I want you to bear with me because I'm very nervous. I've never done this before so it'll be crazy for the both of us," he stammered.

"Just go ahead I want to make sense of all this. I'm ready to listen."

"Ooooookay. So I will explain this the best way I can. You and I are kind of like mates. We aren't in love or anything but we are connected body, mind, and soul. Some mates end up together and the bond grows even stronger but that won't be happening.

It's called parabati, and yes like the mortal instruments that stuff exist too. Shadowhunters are total buttheads. I mean seriously..." he cut himself off in the middle of his sentence. " Anyway, as your parabati we can speak to each other through our mind link. I can also feel your pain and emotions. You can ask all those questions now. I know you have them but I'm not Jenny, I can't just answer them."

"So there are actual demons, like walking around the earth?" I slightly chuckled to myself at this absurd idea.

"Oh, plenty, but you don't have to worry about them here. We put up barriers so they can't enter the school, plus there's only one demon portal left so they aren't much of a problem anymore," he said matter-of-factly.

"You can feel what I feel and talk to me in my head?" I said now chuckling out loud. I don't mean to be rude but he can't expect me to believe this.

He closed his eyes, "Keep your eyes open and watch my mouth."

'If you're going to ask the same question over and over this will take forever," I heard in my head.

"Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhh"

"Ouch! Never ever scream in my head again! So now that that you know I'm telling the truth may I continue?" He said as he pulled out some Motrin.

"Yeah sure but I need one of those pills. Oh, by the way, I get horrible cramps and nausea. Sorry about that"

He groaned, "Please warn me about that. I've heard it's a horrible transfer feeling. Anyway, this school differs from other schools, except the ones run by the Blackwell family. There is one school in each of the countries around the school and they are top secret. Most of the kids we accept are kids with only the Sïght, which means they can see through the glamour of mortal life. There are also people with power and Sïght, like you.

We are forced to accept exceptional normal students too so people won't get suspicious. In your classes there are a mix of kids with power, Sïght or both. We don't mix you guys with the mundanes to much because you never know when something might slip and that would take way to much paperwork," he sighed as if that had happened before.

"Different powers come from different sources. For instance, I'm a Cattus at night everything gets in handed for me, which means you'll be most powerful at night. I'm basically a cat, well I am a cat, I shapeshift into one when need be.

You, my love, are a Surrext or better known as Röse. The Röseas, that's how you call your group as a whole, are the strongest Sêęr there is. Their power source is springtime, of course, because that's when flowers bloom. They can either be born with their powers or be strong enough to absorb others powers so they get them later on.

I know you're wondering, 'what kind of powers can we have?' oh, I'm glad you asked. Any power you can imagine could exist. So basically, all the magical stories, fairy tales and comic books, give or take a few, you read as a kid are true. The characters themselves aren't always real, though. Santa and the Easter Bunny don't exist and the tooth fairy died thousands of years ago, but the power is real. Oh, but elves are real, the little bastards. They don't get along with cats very well," he said with absolute disgust.

"In history class you will learn about all the sources and their backgrounds but I'm not good at explaining that."

How could things get so crazy so fast? I have been here about two days and all this craziness happens. How could any of this go on without me knowing about it?

TOO MANY QUESTIONS!

I sat back in my chair and took a deep breath. After I calmed my brain down all I was left with was confusion, anger, and a weird sense of belonging.

CONTINUE ON TO PART 2