Chapter 12: Mr. Smooth

***picture of Don above***

Don's POV

The door opened downstairs but I was way too lazy to go check who was there. With everything that has been going on, my room has been the best place in the house. I have everything I need food, water, a bed, and games. There's nothing else that you need in life.

"What is it? I'm trying to be a good friend and help you before I go find your brother, so please be a good friend and hurry!" I could hear Kam saying down the hall.

When did she get here? What I wanted to do was go ask her to come in but as soon as I saw myself in the mirror I stopped. My hair was everywhere. I mean I'm still sexy but this is Kam we are talking about I want to look good. I looked around my room for a comb or something and noticed my room was a disastrous mess too. If I don't impress her she might...wait what the hell am I saying? I've never been this hyped up by a girl before. What is wrong with me?

While I went on ranting in my head, I cleaned up my room until it looked spotless. I heard and felt, through the bond, her footsteps coming closer to my door. I didn't want her to notice I cleaned up my room moments before, so I laid on my bed with the TV on and tried to look natural. When she reached my door and knocked my whole body froze. I started to think that my ladies man reputation had died and went to heaven the moment she walked into my house.

"Um hello, Don are you in there?" Kam said with her sweet Caribbean accent.

"Yeah, I-I'm in here. The door is open," I said trying not to stutter, but failing.

I will definitely ask my mom to get me checked out. I have never experienced any of these feelings this intense in my entire life.

The door opened, and she stood in my doorway. She wore a cute little burgundy dress, that looked great on her, and her hair looked perfect. I love when girls wear their hair natural it's so.....I need help. She walked in and sat on my bed next to me.

"What are you watching?" she asked

"To be honest, I don't know. I wasn't really paying attention to the TV since you walked in," I said smirking and trying to act cool.

"Oh, I do that all the time. I turn on the TV like 'Oh I'm bored' then I put something on, without checking what it is. One time I got caught up watching this weird show about feet and I didn't know why I couldn't change that channel because like who wants to watch a show about feet. Then last night I was watching this sci-fi thing and......."

"KAM!" I interrupted.

She looked down and said, "Sorry I ramble when I'm nervous."

"Don't worry mama, I think it's sexy," I said smirking and trying to sound cool again.

I really need to work on how I act when I'm nervous.

"You know you don't have to be like that," she said looking up at me.

"Be like what?"

"You're trying to act all smooth and cool. I know you do it to look all manly or whatever, I have brothers, but it doesn't work on me. Plus you don't need to pretend you're not nervous, I am too."

"Whaaaa me nervous. I'm never nervous around girls," I said in a nonchalant tone.

"Uh huh, so your room and hair always look this nice and put together?" she asked smirking.

"How the hell did you know?" I said as I glared at her.

She shrugged, "I understand people, it's my power."

"Oh really? Tell me all about myself then," I said not believing her power could be that strong.

"You're a 17-year-old guy, you enjoy playing football but you are better at the video game than the real sport. You have acceptance issues so you want everyone to like you. Instead of being yourself when you meet a new person, you put walls up and make you act like you don't care about anything because it's easier that way. You have a best friend, I'm guessing it's that one guy that's always here, and you do everything together. You're great in school but slack off to look cool, and you enjoy pissing off your teachers. Need I continue?" she said.

"Anyone can know that, tell me my deepest darkest secret," I said hoping she doesn't know.

"I absolutely will not go there. I never look into that unless its dire circumstances. But I can tell you your biggest regret,"

"Go for it," I said.

She closed her eyes for a minute and when she opened them, she looked mad, "How dare you do that to Jay! She loves that teddy bear!"

"It was just a joke me and Ty were planning to put it back afterward but his dog got a hold of it before we could put it back. I swear I wasn't trying to kill the bear."

She laughed, " Well it's only fair if I tell you something I did. I was an early bloomer for everything and well I didn't know what my power was yet. I went to a family Reunion and ended up spilling everyone's secrets without knowing it. It was so horrible. My uncle almost got his face blown to pieces by my aunt."

"That's horrible," I said laughing.

"You know you're really sweet when you let your guard down. I'm glad we are mates," she said with a beautiful smile on her face.

The rest of the night went on like this. We laid together on my bed and talked for hours. Somewhere between that time all my nerves had gone away, and I felt at peace with her wrapped in my arms. I got the courage to kiss her and man was that the best decision of my life. It was the best kiss I'd ever had in my entire life. Just as we were making out I heard my door open.

"Boy, you better not have planned to do anything else with that girl," Mom said.

Kam and I stuttered and scramble for logical excuses, but my Mom hushed us.

"Damn kids," she said shaking her head. "you can go downstairs on the couch and watch TV, there's food in the refrigerator, and honey never let him allow you into his room again."

"Yes ma'am," Kam said as her beautiful smile adorned her face again.

"Where's Jay?" Mom said.

"She on a date with her boyfriend," Kam replied.

"At this time of night?" Just as she said that there were sounds at the front door. "Donny where's your father's old gun?"

"In the garage," I said laughing as I walked Kam down to the couch.

An hour later Kam was fast asleep on my chest. This was the best night of my life.