Chapter 9: Second First Day

When I got to school everything seemed different. I could tell the difference between the kids with Sïght and the ones without it. I still wasn't used to the whispers I got in my head when I saw them. At first, I thought the whispers were the people talking in my head, but then I realized the voices were telling me what power they had. Everyone looked at me differently, too. I was hoping it was only from my power and not from my little scene before I left. All the admiration was new to me and, I'm not gonna lie, it creeped me out.

I walked to the garden to get my thoughts straight before I went into class. I was listening to Sober by the one and only Childish Gambino (song above) when the song was rudely interrupted by someone taking my earbud out.

"Who in the........"

"Look I don't know who the hell you think you are, but you don't run shit around here. You're the stupid little new girl no one cares about, so stop trying to make yourself seem all special. Oh, and by the way, Daymien is mine so BACK OFF!" it who took out my earphone said.

Excuse my French, who does this bitch think she is? Why the hell does she think she has the right to rip my earbuds out, then cut me off, AND ON TOP OF THAT try to steal my man? That's just rude. Like she is not my mama so I don't see how she thinks she has the authority to touch me. I swear......

"Yo Steller did you not get your daily dose of dick or something last night?" KAM TO THE RESCUE.

"Excuse me..?"

"Let me make this loud and clear for you honey. Stay away from my girl here for your own good. I wouldn't want you to hurt your pretty little manicured hands on her thorns," we both giver her fake, sweet, smiles and walked away.

Did I ever mention how much I love Kambrea?

"You are absolutely the best!" I said to her.

"Duh, how did you not notice before?" She said laughing as we walked into the first period.

"So I'm guessing that's the Queen B I was warned about. What's this about her and Daymien?" I asked.

"They dated for a year but he never really liked her. I think he did it for his best friend or something you have to ask him. They were all cute at first then she brought out the full Queen B and it went down hill from there. She's wanted him back ever since, but since your his match it's not even a fair competition," she explained as we took our seats.

In class, we were working on CAD which thankfully is on the computer so I didn't have to pay attention to Mr. C talking. How could Daymien not tell me about this girl? We talked for a whole two-hour class period how did that not come up? He has a lot of explaining to do.

I felt someone bump into my chair. I looked up so see a note on my desk and Mr.C walking away. 'Don't be late' I heard in my head. I opened the note and it read:

'Meet in the co-natives room "a strong woman is one who is able to smile this morning like she wasn't crying last night"'

I was starting to hate our little bond. My next class went by in a blur. All I could think about was that quote. How did all this stuff happen to my family and my mom and she showed nothing but love and happiness? I mean I haven't seen her have a bad day since my dad left. It just makes me want to get rid of these people who are hurting us even more. I don't want her to have to be strong anymore, it's my turn.

"Ms. Bloom, Mr. Blackwell would like to have a word with you," Mrs. P said.

I got up and began the short journey to the principal's office. I've been at this school for a little over two days and I've already been sent up to the principal's office twice. I'm on a roll. When I arrived, he was already waiting for me.

"Welcome back, Ms. Bloom. I heard you've had an eventful month, did you not?" he said.

"You've heard right. Uh......may I ask which reason I have been sent in here?" I inquired.

"I've called you here to ask how you are doing with the new additions to your life? I can tell you are curious, my power is that I can control the mood of a room. It makes my job a lot easier," he said with a slight chuckle.

"I'm getting used to it, I guess. Why didn't you tell me when I was with you?"

"Because you wouldn't have believed me and you already thought of me as an old creepy guy," he said looking into my eyes.

It was true after our first meeting I thought he was a creepy old guy. I am sure that's fair, though, considering all the things he was saying, right?

"Anyway, since you are okay with the new additions this shouldn't be too hard. You have to keep one of your friends by your side at all times. I know it seems a bit unfair but they will be the only ones who can get through to you if you ever lose control again. Also, PDA is still against school rules," he said.

"I guess that's fair. Overbearing yes but fair. I will follow your directions. I don't mean to be rude, but I'm sort of having an energy drain, I need to eat," I said feeling bad but it was true.

"Oh yes, your are dismissed to eat."

I walked out and went to go eat my lunch with my group of friends. Everything was surprisingly normal. I felt like I was a getting a well-needed break.

Anonymous POV

"She knows, do I move in?"

"No, I have changed the plan due to the most recent events. She will be too strong by the time you reach her and it will never work. Let her come to us." The person on the phone says.