Chapter 13

I screamed.

It was a young man with blood red eyes and pale skin with a half broken neck just like the lady from before. He looked at me and laughed loudly while tightening his grip on my leg. I screamed and kicked him away and suddenly he went and got slammed against the door.

The lady in black appeared again but only this time she looked more... normal. She turned towards the man and muttered something. His red eyes flashed before turning to a bright blue colour. He was handsome, but he's a ghost.

I backed away and turned to look at the window estimating what would happen if I jumped. This room is on the 30th floor I suppose so....never mind. I'll just have to let them haunt my ass. "W-What are you?" I asked timidly. They looked at each other and nodded. A breeze blew and then they disappeared in thin air leaving me alone in the room.

Where did they go?

I miss Elliot so badly. I know he'd be here to protect me if he could. I just know.

I swear I'll never ever fight with him or even argue with him. I don't know what he's doing to me even when he's not with me. I feel lost in him and it's kind of the lost that's exactly like what it feels like to be found. "Please...I need you, mate."

Thunder rolled across the sky, seeming to crack the world in half and reveal the fury of the gods.The trees down below creaked and moaned as their fine limbs were ripped away from the wet earth. The wind screamed and the rain was driven hard, merciless and torrential. The midnight sky caught my eye immediately as a golden streak suddenly cracked in between from the clouds and came straight through the castle window and clashed into the gold rimmed mirror.

The mirror lit up as black dots swirled inside the mirror. Walking towards the mirror in wonder, I touched the mirror in awe and almost as a reaction the glass shattered. A drop of blood poured out of my finger and fell against the edge of the mirror. A bright light, almost like pure white but more of a silvery colour surrounded the blood and then the air around me thickened in anticipation.

The mirror filled with fog and had a depth which one could almost get lost in. There was a picture forming inside the mirror and it was clear as a crystal. It was a room in which a man was tied up- hanging upside down from ropes from the sealing only a few metres above a glass tank filled with water. All of a sudden he was lowered down forcing his face and chest into the water. Oh my God. How could I not recognise him?

Elliot.

A scream escaped my lips and tears welled in my eyes seeing what happened next. An electric wire was left into the water tank making it sizzle up with electricity which travelled up Elliot's limp body. He growled but didn't do anything. "I hate you, you bastard" he muttered.

A chuckle was heard as another man entered the room. Just like Elliot's, the man's eyes were glowing a bright blue as well. It was almost magical if not for the condition my man was in. "I love you too, Ley" the man laughed. His voice sounded so familiar. Like it was something that I heard a long time ago. If only I could see clearly...

I jumped when a hand touched me. It was the lady from before. She gave me a small smile and said, "It's time to leave, child" she said. Her voice... it was her. The voice inside my head. "Caroline" she said and then touched my head as I fell down; darkness surrounding me.

*******************

I woke up and smiled softly as I walked to the balcony and smiled. The yellow shining sun started rising from the ground. It filled the sky with mighty colours of red and splashed the clouds with endless rays of pink. It was bright and mesmerising as it inviting me to stare, deep into the horizon. The horizon.... something was written in the sky.